Guitar ID help.

doc oc

• Members

Doesn't autumn wood sound kind of like a brown or reddish color description?

Anyone know where I can find a color chart?

Just had a quick browse around on Google, can't find anything about a Gibson colour called Autumn Wood... although there is Autumn Burst, but it looks completely different.

• Members

I just did.

The serial number checks out as a custom shop 335 and the color is called autumn wood.

What do you guys think it is worth?

Odd, I couldn't find any references to that specific color on the Net (there are references to "Autumn Burst").

I would guess that if the seriel number and finish checks-out with Gibson, then it's real.

Now you've got me wondering about the price???

• Members

Odd, I couldn't find any references to that specific color on the Net (there are references to "Autumn Burst").

I would guess that if the seriel number and finish checks-out with Gibson, then it's real.

Now you've got me wondering about the price???

I can't find one either.

Guy at Gibson said it was a one off color.

Seller is asking $1500. Sound fair?

• Members

There may be some room for negotiating I hope.

It is a lot of money though. I'm a medical student, not a railroad tycoon.

I have always wanted a 335 though.

Do you like the color? Personally I don't. I much prefer a cherry finish or natural finish on a 335.

• Members

I can't find one either.

Guy at Gibson said it was a one off color.

Seller is asking $1500. Sound fair?

I'm really not the guy to ask on this question (the guitar I'm currently playing was built out of scrap lumber, and a neck and hardware from a ten year-old Chinese "Synsonic" brand guitar. So you can see that $1500 guitars are in a whole other plane of existence from mine) .

But since you did ask, it would be rude not to give you my 2 cents. A rare color, a verified real Gibson-335, if I had the money and the desired that color I guess that's sounds fair. Though, it better have a nice case.

Archived