Show me a Tele with a tremolo

funbnme

• Members

I built one of my guitars back in 93 and want to do another one.

I would like to do a tele with a tremolo (maybe the hipshot one that looks like my PRS tremolo. Route it out a bit under the tremolo so it can float.

Depending on the grain of the wood I have, I might do this one with no pickguard...have to see if the wood is worth the extra work.

I'm using a piece of maple that was cut down in my back-yard. If it comes out too heavy, maybe I'll chamber the back a bit to take out some of the weight and cut an f-hole in the front.

I'm not worried about my mods for resale...just want to have a tele that I'll use a lot (which means it needs a trem).

Anyway....does anyone have pictures of their own tele with a strat style tremolo on it? Just curious about how it looks.

Did Fender ever make tremolo equipped telecasters?

• Members

I was going to post that link but you beat me to it. So many cool guitars!

That Gretschey one is a real stunner.

gt001_big.jpg

Check here for a bunch of pictures of Teles with different trems (mostly Bigsby) and a bunch of info:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~msengers/htm/gallery.htm

Apparently it's a one of a kind custom shop Gretsch. Which is weird because it says Fender on the headstock. I guess the Gretsch custom shop is actually the Fender custom shop.

OneOfaKindCSGretsch-Tele.jpg

• Members

several years back I built myself a

Hollow thinline type Tele

with a swamp ash back and Lacewood top

with a rickenbacker upside down catseye sound hole and multi layer bound body.

it had a bigsby horseshoe tremolo with a Shaller bridge Humbucker and a Lipsick tube in the neck. no pickguard.

the neck was a maple with Ebony fretboard with Blue mineral stains running through the maple near the headstock. and the coolest looking art deco "Wings" for inlays.. white pearl and abalone in a 3 layer scalloped formation..

I never took a photo of it and it was stolen from me about 2 years later.

damn that Tele was cool.

I may have to build that one again...

• Members

2rc08rn.jpg

Peavey Generation S2 Circa 1988-1992. These were the US made Generation guitars from Peavey not the more recent Korean made guitars. These came stock with Kahler Spyders which were some of the best Floyd licensed trems. The stock Peavey active pickups were pretty good as well. I own two of these beasts.guitar-29741-Peavey-Generation-Tele-Grov

Archived