New SoCal clip

Nazgul6

• Members

Alright, so listen. I'm just a pentatonic guy that plays Sabbath and Priest etc.

This song is WAY over my head and there are some obvious mistakes but I'm not gonna lie. I could do 50 takes and fix those mistakes but then there would be other ones. So I rolled the backing track, hit play and here it is.

Oh yeah, the guitar is a little flat compared to the backing track and I didn't realize the phaser was on, lol.

Anyway, I think the guitar looks cool.

• Members

You've nothing to apologize for, that was really good (and I'm not even a metal-guy).

Although, if the backing-track and your guitar are on discrete tracks, I might fiddle with matching the pitch.

And I liked the Phaser!

Thanks. I re-tuned my guitar to the track. I am going to do another take this weekend.

• Members

Dude, you got mad skillz! I'm a old Priest fanatic, etc. and would kill to play like that. I'm just so freakin' undisciplined - and I've been playing on and off for over 20 years. ha!

Great job!

Thanks dude. Well as I said there are plenty of flaws but I saw it tabbed out in one of the guitar magazines and I though to myself, instead of just constantly doing what I already know how to do, let me see if I can learn something that I always thought was untouchable. And sure enough it becomes playable to a point. I have a lot more work to do on it but its enjoyable to work on something and see results.

Thanks again.

• Members

It would have taken me a, "good bit", plus infinity. And a third hand.

Come on, if you just start slow you can do it. Where I would get stuck would be for example; In the beginning where the background cuts out and there are these descending groups of four on the high E string, I was using all four fingers but then I realized that Yngwie uses three and slides one of the fingers down. Its much easier. Also, I had to get used to economy picking some stuff as well. So its cool because there are little techniques you pick up that at first are harder but then they become part of your playing and make a lot of stuff easier.

And with regard to the Charvel, the only flaw I can find is that the pickup toggle is kind of behind the volume knob and makes it harder to switch back and forth. I mean there is only one knob on the whole guitar and its in the way! Other than that it plays great.

• Members

Thanks. These new Charvels are simple guitars but they sound good, look cool and they feel great. For $1,000 you can't go wrong.

But don't think you have to pay the asking price. They seem to be going for $850 or less just about anywhere that sells them, with little to no effort haggling.

I paid about $850 for my So Cal, and that is on the high side of what I've read others have been paying. That is for the current So-Cal and San Dimas 1, the San Dimas 2s and some of the older colors have been selling for $650 or less new.

• Members

But don't think you have to pay the asking price. They seem to be going for $850 or less just about anywhere that sells them, with little to no effort haggling.

I paid about $850 for my So Cal, and that is on the high side of what I've read others have been paying. That is for the current So-Cal and San Dimas 1, the San Dimas 2s and some of the older colors have been selling for $650 or less new.

They cheap enough that I might even do work on mine. I'm not handy at all and I wanted to get a guitar with a blocked trem like an EVH or the Peavey HP, or the Axis where I could do dives but still go to drop D. And I thought for the price of these SoCals, I'll trying doing it myself. I would basically have to wreck 3 of them in order to make up the cost of buying some of those other more expensive guitars.

Archived