'fess up. Anyone here ever stolen a guitar?

Northstar

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I guess technically I did. A buddy of mine once got kicked out of his dorm and came to live in my basement for about a month. He left a bunch of his stuff including a Cheap Starcaster. It had been sitting at my house for about years. We were cleaning out the basement and called him to come get his stuff. He got his golf clubs and a bunch of his clothes, but left the guitar behind. He wasn't much of a player anyway so I figured he really didn't want it so I hacked it for parts and turned it into a relic strat project.

• Members
We had a case where a tool thief was ducted tape and beaten badly about his body with pipes and boards, driven outside the city and left in misery in a corn field.

I laughed so hard. :thu:

Stealing is dishonest and despicable. I am neither of those things, therefore I would never steal.

Thinking about either buying some unique vinyls for the back of my guitars, or engraving my name inside the electronics compartment. Y/N?

• Members

nope, never stolen any gear but a few years back I did get robbed by some faggot looking emo punk. About 6 or 7 years ago I went to sam ash and picked up a nice MIA strat. As I was getting to my car, someone says "hey", I turn around and I see this guy who looked like the love child of a threesome between george michael, boy george, and that gay dude from last year's American Idol. Dressed all in black and pink and holding a Hello Kitty guitar. Next thing I know, he knocks me upside the head with the hello kitty guitar, grabs my strat, jumps into a purple VW bug that was being driven by an even gayer looking guy who I can only assume was his boyfriend, and takes off.

Anyway, so help me if I ever find out who it was and I get my hands on that poofter.

• Members
nope, never stolen any gear but a few years back I did get robbed by some faggot looking emo punk. About 6 or 7 years ago I went to sam ash and picked up a nice MIA strat. As I was getting to my car, someone says "hey", I turn around and I see this guy who looked like the love child of a threesome between george michael, boy george, and that gay dude from last year's American Idol. Dressed all in black and pink and holding a Hello Kitty guitar. Next thing I know, he knocks me upside the head with the hello kitty guitar, grabs my strat, jumps into a purple VW bug that was being driven by an even gayer looking guy who I can only assume was his boyfriend, and takes off.

Anyway, so help me if I ever find out who it was and I get my hands on that poofter.

You can start by searching for registered purple vw bugs in your area.

• Members

I used to know this rich asshole who was always bragging about how expensive all his guitars were. So one night while he was in the Bahamas or something I broke in and stole a few. I took a {censored} on his couch before I left and went and gave the guitars to some homeless people to jam on. :)

• Members
Receipt of stolen property (knowingly purchasing stolen goods)...dunno about your state but that's a criminal offense here in PA.

I'm ok with that. Morally, I know it's 100% clean. The rightful owner blessed the transaction. If anything, I would be an accessory to his insurance fraud.

Do you have a moral issue with the transaction, or are you an ex hall monitor from grammar school? I don't give two {censored}s about the legality of any of these infractions in this thread. I have a moral problem with them, though.

• Members
I'm ok with that. Morally, I know it's 100% clean. The rightful owner blessed the transaction. If anything, I would be an accessory to his insurance fraud.

Do you have a moral issue with the transaction, or are you an ex hall monitor from grammar school? I don't give two {censored}s about the legality of any of these infractions in this thread. I have a moral problem with them, though.

I merely responded to your simple but incorrect statement that the shop owner was the only person committing a criminal act. For someone that doesn't give two {censored}s, that response is a lot of {censored}s.

• Members

I used to know this rich asshole who was always bragging about how expensive all his guitars were. So one night while he was in the Bahamas or something I broke in and stole a few. I took a {censored} on his couch before I left and went and gave the guitars to some homeless people to jam on.
:)

Although the Robin Hoodian concept is one to be admired in theory, as one who has had a guitar stolen from them, I still see you as a {censored}ing thief plain and simple and you deserve to be beaten or in prison being raped as someone's bitch. :cop:

• Members

I had to steal one of my friend's guitars back for him...no {censored}

One of the guys we were cool with at the time just kinda walked out of his house with it & said "Don't worry, I'll bring it back" Well, this guy has a habit of stealing things from other's houses and hawking the items for meth. Two hours later, I'm climbing through methhead's window to get the guitar back.

• Members
Is this a true story? I'm so sorry...I'm laughing so hard right now! I hope it's not true and you can just create a great story!

Adam Lambert hit you on the head with a Hello Kitty guitar and then took off in a purple VW bug????

Damn...I'm sorry. I can't stop laughing!

He's making fun of some other guy earlier inthe thread who claimed (jokingly, I assume) to have stolen a guitar by bashing some dude over the head with a Squier.

• Members

Haha. :lol: Well played :thu: