'fess up. Anyone here ever stolen a guitar?

Northstar

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Is it better stuff than yours?
:cop:

A Warp 7 50 watt amp that is tits! Also, an Epi LP 100 (Korean--pretty sweet!). A Rocktron talk box, a Dime wah, an old acoustic nylon beater, and a Crate 4 x 12 cab that I donated 4 Eminence Legends for. Cables, on/off switches, etc. Some decent goodies, for sure.

• Members
This guy dropped his gutiar off to me fOREVER ago to get a new neck put on it, which i bought and did, his phone number doesnt work and he hasnt contacted me, been about 8 months now, its under my bed in a case.

i guess i feel like i stole it, even though i didnt.

He's probably in jail...;)

• Members

Never stolen anything gear wise, but when I was a child, I stole a small piece of candy. I got caught and had to pay the 15 cents. Lesson learned.

I did play a show a few weeks ago and someone swiped another bands pedal tuner, a Boss one at that. I was pissed, and it wasn't even mine. I cannot fathom why someone would steal someone elses gear. I have worked my arse off to get my stuff, and if someone took it, I would be livid.

• Members

Wow...what a bunch of good people here.

I tried when I was a kid. 7th grade my elementary school had a peavey strat that never got played. I "borrowed" it from the music teacher with the hopes he wouldn't remember. Had that thing for nearly a month before some cocky little {censored} 6th grader asked the music teacher for it and I had to give it back.

That was it...I took up drums. Then later in high school that 6th grader became my guitarist, and we had a good laugh about it. Took me another 20 something years to get back to guitar!

• Members

Since were all among friends here. I must confess I stole a guitar once. I was at Sam Ash store and had bought a Fender Squire Strat. At the time it was all i could afford. There was a guy in there and he was buying a nice MIA Fender..I guess the jealousy got the best of me.. I followed him to his car and looked around. No one was around so I took my Squier and swung it like a baseball bat..and knocked him out. Dude went down like a sack of bricks..I grabbed the guitar and got the hell outta there..thats was about 7 years ago..

• Members
A Warp 7 50 watt amp that is tits! Also, an Epi LP 100 (Korean--pretty sweet!). A Rocktron talk box, a Dime wah, an old acoustic nylon beater, and a Crate 4 x 12 cab that I donated 4 Eminence Legends for. Cables, on/off switches, etc. Some decent goodies, for sure.

I think, after 2 years, it's yours. Now you can try some Peter Frampton {censored}! :thu: Oh and no, I"ve never stolen a guitar, or any gear. I've had gear stolen, and it sucks! I can totally relate to Dave's post.

• Members
Since were all among friends here. I must confess I stole a guitar once. I was at Sam Ash store and had bought a Fender Squire Strat. At the time it was all i could afford. There was a guy in there and he was buying a nice MIA Fender..I guess the jealousy got the best of me.. I followed him to his car and looked around. No one was around so I took my Squier and swung it like a baseball bat..and knocked him out. Dude went down like a sack of bricks..I grabbed the guitar and got the hell outta there..thats was about 7 years ago..

You're an asshole.

• Members

you didn't really do that...

• Members

Never stolen a guitar (or anything, for that matter). However, I was once given what I'm nearly 100% sure was a stolen guitar.

It all started when my brother took his 80's Kramer superstrat to a pawn shop & traded it for a MIJ Fender Strat with a shark decal covering the serial number.

A short time later, he came to me with the Strat saying that he wanted to give it to me (I think he was afraid that either 1) his ex-wife would trash it or 2) he'd be tempted to pawn it for drug $$$). Anyways, I agreed to take it off of his hands & promptly peeled off the shark sticker only to find that the s/n had been completely gouged off... hooray, instant bad mojo!

I tore it completely apart, stripped the finish off the body, stained it, added a Wilkinson bridge, & bought a Carvin neck for it. No matter what I did to it, though, it NEVER played quite right.

Eventually, I gave it to another one of my brothers who still has it & enjoys it, but doesn't play all that often anymore.

Here's what it looks like now:

1440675248_4cc4c02dc6_o.jpg

Ironically, I put the Fender neck onto a 'junk' guitar that I assembled from leftover parts of various projects & it plays better than the Strat :poke: ... ended up giving this one away to a friend for his kid to learn on:

2083249475_9667b1db95_o.jpg

*if you look closely, you can see where the serial # is supposed to be.