'fess up. Anyone here ever stolen a guitar?

Northstar

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This guy dropped his gutiar off to me fOREVER ago to get a new neck put on it, which i bought and did, his phone number doesnt work and he hasnt contacted me, been about 8 months now, its under my bed in a case.

i guess i feel like i stole it, even though i didnt.

• Members

I wouldnt say stolen but...A jam buddy left his cheap squier and SS fender amp at my house when we jammed ONCE. I was on the ball about what we were going to play with the other guy that was there, but this kyle guy just wanted to belt out retarded emo {censored}. So we never jammed again. He left his {censored} at my place. Fast forward 1 1/2 years later, 10 phone calls, several emails, and voice mails, and a final ultimatum of "Come get your {censored} this weekend, or it's going to the pawn shop. I'm not a {censored}ing storage shed. Final warning, your not here by Sunday, it's gone."

He called that Friday saying he would try to come over. He didn't. He called just after noon on the Saturday and said he was definitely coming over that night. He didn't. I called him Sunday to remind him. I didn't want to be a total dick, so I still clung onto it for a week. He never bothered to contact me again, suffice to say. I sold it on CL.

I don't think that makes me a jackass/thief but...well..meh. That's about as close as it gets for me. I could never actually blatently take someones stuff.

• Members

i payed $100 bucks for my 1991 Ibanez SR1000E bass from the original owner... he forgot what model it was (not imprinted anywhere on it) and he owns probably 25 other bass guitars so he googled Ibanez Sound Gear Bass and the first one that came up was a similar looking GSR100 (around $180 bucks new) so he based the price on that. so not stolen but i feel like i stole it.

• Members

I wouldnt say stolen but...A jam buddy left his cheap squier and SS fender amp at my house when we jammed ONCE. I was on the ball about what we were going to play with the other guy that was there, but this kyle guy just wanted to belt out retarded emo {censored}. So we never jammed again. He left his {censored} at my place. Fast forward 1 1/2 years later, 10 phone calls, several emails, and voice mails, and a final ultimatum of "Come get your {censored} this weekend, or it's going to the pawn shop. I'm not a {censored}ing storage shed. Final warning, your not here by Sunday, it's gone."

He called that Friday saying he would try to come over. He didn't. He called just after noon on the Saturday and said he was definitely coming over that night. He didn't. I called him Sunday to remind him. I didn't want to be a total dick, so I still clung onto it for a week. He never bothered to contact me again, suffice to say. I sold it on CL.

I don't think that makes me a jackass/thief but...well..meh. That's about as close as it gets for me. I could never actually blatently take someones stuff.

I'm not sure I agree with your solution. I would have told him "If you don't come today to pick up your stuff, it goes on the sidewalk by 18h00" or something to that effect.

• Members

I'm not sure I agree with your solution. I would have told him "If you don't come today to pick up your stuff, it goes on the sidewalk by 18h00" or something to that effect.

You don't agree that I sold it and made a profit off of it?

I gave the guy a YEAR AND A HALF to get his {censored} out of my house. I finally after that year and a half gave him the ultimatum to get it out by a certain date, and STILL gave him another week on top of that.

• Members

You don't agree that I sold it and made a profit off of it?

I gave the guy a YEAR AND A HALF to get his {censored} out of my house. I finally after that year and a half gave him the ultimatum to get it out by a certain date, and STILL gave him another week on top of that.

Seems like the appropriate resolution to me and something that landlords regularly do to recoup the costs of storing abandoned property.

• Members

Seems fair to me, if your description is accurate.

• Members

I had a brand new Ernie Ball musicman stolen from me in 93. I saved gig money for four months. I drooled over that bass for a long time before I could finally afford it. 1100.00 was ALOT of money to me back then.

I came home one day, my front door was pried open with a crowbar, all my {censored} was stolen, tvs stereos, bla bla bla. I ran to my bedroom where I kept my bass. It was gone. I felt like throwing up. I never found out who did it but had I cught them in the act, I would either be dead, or they would be dead. I would have beaten their skull into a fine powder with a ballpeen hammer had I caught them, or I would have died trying.

That was a long time ago, but it still hurts and I still miss that bass.

No, I have never stolen anything. I dont believe the world needs scum like that, thieves, and I believe they should all be lined up and shot through the brain. No prison. {censored} that. Not with my tax money. I dont care about rehabilitation or any of that. I think the firing squad would be a fair trade for steeling from me since I was minding my own business and harming no-one when they decided to go out of their way to be a c*cks*cker.

If I caught someone steeling from me, I would probably destroy my own life making them pay. There would be no remorse from me. I would go make a sandwhich so I would have a snack to munch on while I watched them bleed out.

Thieving bastards.

I hate thieves.

• Members

Nope.

However Im sure that a guitar I bought from a kid in High School was stolen.

He didint play but he was a Rock fan that hung out in our crowd in HS and one day asked me if I wanted a Les Paul for $75(1982). I said hell yeah and he brought a Magnum LP Custom copy in the next week. It was a bolt neck but had a hard case and Dimarzio's in it.

I did ask around a lot after buying it and nobody fessed up too owning her.

But the kid was real evasive when asking him how he got the guitar.

• Members

Possibly. I buy stuff off craigslist every now and then, and I've gotten some guitars for low prices. Thing is, none of them have a serial #, so I can't check to see if their stolen. I haven't met any sellers that seem really shady, but a lot of them seem to just think a guitar is a guitar. Either their not privy to guitars, or their just trying to get rid of it. I can't honestly tell

• Members

No, but I took a bassman head from '65 or '68. It was in an attic and was going to be thrown out. It was the ex-boyfriend of the guys daughter. It was in the attic over 20 years. So, does that count? :idk:

I was told I could take it by the guy that owned the house.