Poll: Should My Country Band do a Cover of "Pants On The Ground" at next gig?

DaveAronow

• Members

Seems like a lot of his audience didn't "get it".....or think it was funny...same thing really.

You probably run that risk too, although I think a faster tempo country version would work better anyway.

Yes, true, but this phenomenon gains more traction everyday. Im sure it will wear itself out pretty much in the next week or so if it even lasts that long but it is getting quite a bit of publicity, including Brett Favrs recent "cover" in the lockerroom. It is one of those things though that is mildly amusing only the first time or two you see it and then you are over it.

ONmEVro8Fog

• Members

I would avoid it. When a comedy bit falls flat - and I'm not saying it will, just that it might - it can overshadow the rest of your performance. The risk is someone who is unfamiliar with your band seeing you for the first time and thinking "they're not funny at all" and bringing that perception with them if they see you again in the future.

• Members
Depends. What are the odds that potential concert goers are American Idol viewers?

btw - to all that are saying it's been done... bull{censored}. The joke isn't even a week old. Nobody is too cool for a joke that's not even a week old yet.
:rolleyes:

any association with jimmy fallon removes all the cool instantly.

Archived