Stagg guitars anyone?

diceman1000

• Members

I have a mixed view on them, I played a Stagg LP that was a very heavy guitar that played pretty well. I only played it for a minute or two, but I left with a good impression. On the other hand I saw some that had basic manufacturing flaws, like the logos falling off.

• Members

Stagg used to be a more reputable name in the 70's. The brand name was sold and cheap gear put out. Since most people will over pay for a name on a headstock and then swap the pups and harness out, if you can find a decent Stagg, go for it. Ive got a Stagg Tele thats been gone through and modded into something pretty wild with a multiple setting reverse phase switch.

• Members

I played a stagg bass that I was very impressed with for what the guy said he paid for it. That's my only experience with them but it left me with a good feel for the brand in general and would at least look at them again if the opportunity arose.

• Members

spend your cash elsewhere. we have a mom and pop that sells them. not worth the cash. jmo.

btw......lp knobs will be going out this week

This, low, low end crap. But most likely the prices we have here are way higher, think we had one of those at the store and it was around 250

• Members

I had the Stagg PRS copy. It wasn't a BAD guitar, it's just that cosmetically over time left little to be desired. The finish on the sides of the fretboard started chipping away. I would save my money for something better. I saw the I 400 in a store by me the other day - it is an ugly Les Paul copy FWIW.

• Members

I had a Stagg acoustic. Sound wise nice. Cedar top and full sound. Now the neck.......Bad, bad, bad. Sharp fret ends all around horrible fret job and my acoustic was supposed to be a higher end model. After much fret work it was playable.

My advise stay away from Stagg. You will only be disapointed.

• Members

Stagg guitars anyone?

...these seven words: Run like hell and don't look back!

Every Stagg product that I had the misfortune of accidentally running into was simply a waste of good plywood, sawdust, and glue. Same goes for its sister brand Arbor.

Archived