Dean Chris Impellitteri signature model

The Rossness

• Members

Taken form Impellitteri's Blog-

Hello Friends,

Here are a few pictures of the brand new Chris Impellitteri signature guitar model made by Dean guitars. The new Impellitteri guitar model (nick named SHRED) will be on display at the January 2010 NAMM show held in Anaheim California.

Chris has been secretly working with Dean owner Elliott Rubinson in order to create the Chris Impellitteri signature guitar ..

The guitar features an ASH body, maple neck with very fast action, tall vintage fret wire, vintage tremelo, custom humbucking pickup in the bridge position, a single coil pickup in the neck position, one volume knob, 3 way selector switch, and Gotoh tunning machines.

The Spider Web Graphic was designed by Chris Impellitteri

The guitar is built to SHRED !!

Chris and Elliott are currently making the 2nd prototype !!

l_b7fffa0c54d548d0bdcfad4ffb2dbccf.jpg

l_532615c3a148461099d4e241e54e59a0.jpg

l_c5fb22bb1746453299f3b0e4e6d3f88c.jpg

• Members
What is it with Dean giving signature models to guitarists who alot of people think are relatively crap?

David Shankle? (admittedly I only like 1 of his songs ever)

and now Chris? why?

Chris has a lot of fans, and Shankle apparently does too, even though I don't care for his playing. I think he wrote "Master of the Wind", though, and that's my favourite Manowar song, so he's not all terrible.

• Members

Wow, neato. It looks like something in the Sears catalog. Dean has really gone downhill fast.

The milking of Dime's name also turns my stomach too.

Haha... Wait until they roll these out too: [YOUTUBE]4JB1azryB1M[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Not a huge fan of the look myself.

It also seems kind of strange to me to have a standard trem instead of a Floyd, it seems.

I never remember Chris being a floyd guy. Most times I've seen him using a scalloped Strat. In the pictures, it looks like the trem is a 2-point wilkinson.

• Members

Well, as much as I used to love Deans (still love my Evo Special Select), I'm totally off their jock now. I've sold 5 of the 8 Deans I had.

The Soltero got me worked up for a few weeks, but I got over it quickly. I just won't pay $600-$900 for an imported guitar (or $2000-$5000 for a USA guitar).

And they keep making these superstrat signature guitars (like they've never been done before) that, for the $$, would be better if invested in a less costly Ibby or ESP/LTD superstrat.

I'd rather buy 2-3 budget or used guits with cases and upgrade components for the same $600-$900.

That's just me tho...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I found this video of Impellitteri shredding on a Dean V / SG on youtube

The guitar sound is huge !

I also found a new video of Impellitteri shredding Insanely fast and using some other guitar. Its pretty Sick !

Must have been prior to his new Dean model ??

Archived