Great Songs Ruined by Crappy Solos

Maess

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Another thread devoted to players that can't solo, justifying why they can't solo....terrific use of forum space...for solo haters, I can only say this..not only do you suck, but you probably swallow as well...

;)

I'm not sure whether you're being sarcastic or not, but either way, I'm pretty confident that whatever you're saying has nothing to do with this thread.:confused:

• Members
I'm not sure whether you're being sarcastic or not, but either way, I'm pretty confident that whatever you're saying has nothing to do with this thread.
:confused:

It seems to me like this was something he had been wanting to say for a long time, but he could never find the proper thread to post it in. This was the closest he got, but it's still very far from bullseye.

Aaaaanyway, this has been my vote since I first heard it in 2002:

[YOUTUBE]EzgGTTtR0kc[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World and just about anything else Neil trys to play a solo on.

Neil Young's soloing, like his singing, is very much an acquired taste. Personally, I've acquired it.

My nomination would be Tina Turner's Private Dancer. Definitely Jeff Beck's Least Finest Hour ... and I speak as a rabid Beck freak.

• Members
Has to be Free Bird for me. I'd like that song if it were about 4 minutes shorter.

:thu: Ditto except I'd like it to be 15 minutes shorter.

What's that you say - it isn't 15 minutes long?

Well no, but that means it would take negative time to listen to it and I could get back all those really annoying minutes of my life when this song was playing and I couldn't get away :)

Apologies to Free Bird fans.

• Members

Helter Skelter. Never let your bassist play lead guitar.

How about the lead guitars on Taxman, The Night Before, Ticket To Ride, Good Morning Good Morning, Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club band and Back In The USSR, or the acoustic guitars on Blackbird and Yesterday ... ?

Also played by that very same bassist.

• Members

How about the lead guitars on Taxman, The Night Before, Ticket To Ride, Good Morning Good Morning, Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club band and Back In The USSR, or the acoustic guitars on Blackbird and Yesterday ... ?

Also played by that very same bassist.

Okay, you win, I just REALLY hate that solo. It's like eight bars long and he plays nothing for about half of it.

• Members
I think Freebird was ruined because they made it too short.

That solo section should be at least an hour and a half long.

:thu:

Although I think for an album version I'd prefer the short one. Live is a whole other story. It's all about the groove the guitarist is feeling.

• Members
EVH's solo in unchained, we all know he could do better in that song. The solo sounds wimpy and anemic compared to the rest of the song.

Ya, that's pretty true. The song is packed with killer riffs, and great energy but theres not a decent solo. You get Dave's voice instead, "Hey man, that suit is you,".......:facepalm:

• Members

1 - Take every Malmsteen song and write its name on a piece of poster board.

2 - Grab a dart..

Whatever you hit, even if you hit 2 of them by some miracle, that's the one that sucks the most...

Really?? Malmsteen wrote GREAT songs that were only ruined by his solos?

Im not much of a Yngwie fan (I only like a few of his instrumentals) but I dont really see how he fits into this category.

Archived