Faking a Gibson logo

jbandy10

• Members

I just want to say up front, this isn't so I can actually sell a guitar as a Gibson after faking it. I just want to take a copy and put a Gibson logo on it. For my own personal ends.

Let's say I have an Orville Les Paul standard. What would I have to do if I wanted to replace the Orville headstock logo with a Gibson one?

Yeah, we all know that at the end of the day, an Orville is probably just as good or better than a Gibson. But most people don't know that.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I plan on doing the same thing with my Agiles and then I'll post them here as the new Gibson headstock... then a month later I'll post that gibson had to change hte headstock of their new ones to avoid being sued by Agile over the Gumby headstock.

it'll be fun!!

• Members

I just want to say up front, this isn't so I can actually sell a guitar as a Gibson after faking it. I just want to take a copy and put a Gibson logo on it. For my own personal ends.

Let's say I have an Orville Les Paul standard. What would I have to do if I wanted to replace the Orville headstock logo with a Gibson one?

Yeah, we all know that at the end of the day, an Orville is probably just as good or better than a Gibson. But most people don't know that.

If you really care that much about what's written on the headstock then why don't you sell it and buy a used Studio?

• Members

at least be proud of the gear you have, by changing the logo, you prove that you deep down inside wish it was something else.

The whole "just as good as" argument goes out the window with the rest of the drivel as soon as you change it.

• Members

I love how I can explain something in the original post and you guys still act like I never said it.

Classic HC 1.0

I asked you what type of Gibson logo you wanted to do.

It's a different process to do an inlay then it is the printed logo.

• Members

So how do you make cyrstal meth??

I just want to say up front, this isn't so I can actually sell it on the streets, its just for my own personal ends.

Don't you make a big mess in the kitchen and then blow the roof off the house and then you have meth?

• Members

So how do you make cyrstal meth??

I just want to say up front, this isn't so I can actually sell it on the streets, its just for my own personal ends.

That's great.

Comparing something that's potentially deadly to something that isn't going to hurt me in any way.

You must have been a master of metaphor in school.

Archived