Peavey Wolfgang pickup replacement for a more "classic" rock sound.

ledvedder

• Members

You seem to be having a hard time with this. I've seen you on the Metro amp and Duncan forums.

What I have done in the past is email Dimarzio. Tell them what you've told us and they will get back to you pretty quickly with suggestions. They also have a pickup exchange offer. If you don't like it, you can send it back and try a different one. I've done this a few times.

Good luck,

Jerry

Edited to add, check out the Air classic and the 36th anniversary pups.

• Members

Yeah, I'm jumping all over trying to get everyone's opinions who have done pickup swaps in Wolfgang's.

Nobody swaps pickups in a Wolfgang... Thats the idea behind a signature guitar; get the pickups the artist uses in said guitar... That, and I've never met anyone with a Wolfgang who didn't like the pickups.

What are you planning on doing with the pickups when you swap 'em? ;)

• Members

Nobody swaps pickups in a Wolfgang... Thats the idea behind a signature guitar; get the pickups the artist uses in said guitar... That, and I've never met anyone with a Wolfgang who didn't like the pickups.

What are you planning on doing with the pickups when you swap 'em?
;)

Maybe sell 'em. I'd like to use them in a trade for the replacements. Although I like them for higher gain stuff, they tend to be a bit harsh, and too hot for me. I like a more balanced, warm sound.

• Members

With respect ...

The Wolfgang, like all the other Eddie guitars, isn't exactly a first-choice call for so-called 'classic rock'. It does its own thing and does it very well, so -- rather than screw around with it -- I'd simply get another guitar: a Les Paul or SG-style axe (or a regular HSS Strat or Strat-alike, if that's the feel you prefer), which'll probably arrive ready-loaded with the appropriate pickups.

Unless, of course, you're either cash-strapped or simply feel like you're done with the kind of music at which that guitar excels, in which case I'd recommend selling it and investing in something more suited to your current needs.

Archived