Nuno on Oprah today.....

mfergel

• Members

Nuno Bettencourt is a damn good guitarist. Some of the coolest rhythm playing ever was found on Extreme's albums, and his soloing kicked plenty of ass as well. "Play With Me" contains one of my favourite leads, so incredibly melodic.

This is Electric Guitars. I appreciate one of the really talented and musical electric guitarists around. :thu:

• Members
Nuno Bettencourt is a damn good guitarist. Some of the coolest rhythm playing ever was found on Extreme's albums, and his soloing kicked plenty of ass as well. "Play With Me" contains one of my favourite leads, so incredibly melodic.

This is Electric Guitars. I appreciate one of the really talented and musical electric guitarists around.
:thu:

+2

• Members

Extreme = Love/Hate without the talent. Plus King Jizzo is better then Gary Cherone ever was.

That's funny (strange). I did metal shows on college radio from about 1989 until 1992. I heard a ton of music that got no commercial airplay ever and yet I have no recollection of Love/Hate or Jon E Love.

So it looks like they have some of their songs up online. What song(s) should I listen to that will make me think "huh, Nuno has nothing on this guys playing" or "wow, these guys songs are so much better than Extreme"?

• Members

Wow.

you are a guitar player, and you cant recognize Nuno's talent?

You dont even recognize it as real music?

I(m sorry, but I would have to consider you incompetent to judge based on that statement.

But, but,.... Extreme was {censored}ing AWFUL.

Remember MORE THAN WORDS?

Never forget.

• Members

Jon E Love is a cooler name then Nuno Bettencourt.

If you want to use the 'I have never heard of Love/Hate argument you may want to use it in the case of a band other then Extreme since 99.99999% of the world only know one stupid song by them that was basicly a song that Poison would have passed on.

• Members
Jon E Love is a cooler name then Nuno Bettencourt.

:blah:

If you want to use the 'I have never heard of Love/Hate argument you may want to use it in the case of a band other then Extreme since 99.99999% of the world only know one stupid song by them that was basicly a song that Poison would have passed on.

We're not talking about 99.99999% of people having heard one particular song (Hole Hearted charted almost as high as More Than Words by the way). We are talking about me who was subjected to 1000's of metal bands during the period that Love/Hate was releasing albums.

I appreciate Nuno for songs other than the 2 that gained mass popularity but still respect him for being able to (edit) write (not right) such songs that gained mass appeal the way they did. Ask most people who Paul Gilbert or Billy Sheenan are and you will probably be met with a blank stare. Play them "To be with you" and if they are from the right age group they will most likely know the song. Not their best showing IMO.

Nuno was/is a great guitar player, good song writer and decent singer. Guys got talent. I am waiting for you to tell me Love/Hate song(s) to listen to for comparison.

• Members

I had never heard that song before I joined Harmony Central. The Extreme songs I knew were "Play With Me" and "He-Man Woman Hater".

For the record, I think "More Than Words" is a rubbish song, and it's not at all representative of their style of music.

• Members

For the record, I think "More Than Words" is a rubbish song, and it's not at all representative of their style of music.

.........and event they've said that.

As has already been said, Nuno is extremely talented. Guitar, piano, vocals, writing, drums (someone posted a video the other day), producer, etc. I enjoyed Love/Hate and still listen to that on occassion, but still nowhere near the talent.

Archived