Nuno on Oprah today.....

mfergel

• Members

I wish Oprah would interview Nuno. He has a lot more to say about music than Rihanna does, thats for sure. A lot of kids like her songs and she got beat up by a cat who would curl up in the fetal position if the Easter Bunny stepped up on him. There's not really much to her. She's hot though.

• Members

I wish Oprah would interview Nuno. He has a lot more to say about music than Rihanna does, thats for sure. A lot of kids like her songs and she got beat up by a cat who would curl up in the fetal position if the Easter Bunny stepped up on him. There's not really much to her. She's hot though.

True...BUT...'the kids' have no interest in real music for the most part. Maybe the same could be said for the general public now...American Idol was proof of that. Music used to mean something and now it only means something to musicians and 'the few' real music fans.

Besides, I saw the chick on SNL and Nuno was there (but not in the mix-or at least not prominent in the mix) AND he looked like he took up meth. I realize that is just a judgement based on looks but I thought 'crackhead' in the first few seconds that I could see him and I was a pretty big fan of his playing back in the day.

• Members

True...BUT...'the kids' have no interest in real music for the most part. Maybe the same could be said for the general public now...American Idol was proof of that. Music used to mean something and now it only means something to musicians and 'the few' real music fans.

We're calling Nuno Bettencourt real music? I'm sorry, but I'll take the current state of music over Extreme any day.

• Members

We're calling Nuno Bettencourt real music? I'm sorry, but I'll take the current state of music over Extreme any day.

I actually didn't say that but he is proficient on an instrument and can compose. I'm not a huge fan of Extreme either but I can see when someone is talented regardless of whether or not it is my taste.

I quite dislike some woodwind instruments but I can tell if the person is talented or not...and I'll listen to the woodwind instruments over the 'current state of music' with the Kanyes and Black Eyed Peas along with the Puddle of a Deadman Finger Back crowd. Heck...I'll amp that up a bit and put on Extreme's record with More Than Words on it before the 'current' crowd.

• Members

hehe, touche. Say what you will but he was/is a highly skilled musician. I can say the same thing about Kenny G and Michael Buble even though they make me want to cut my face open and jam it into a tank of hungry piranas.

• Members

Wow.

you are a guitar player, and you cant recognize Nuno's talent?

You dont even recognize it as real music?

I(m sorry, but I would have to consider you incompetent to judge based on that statement.

• Members

Wow.

you are a guitar player, and you cant recognize Nuno's talent?

You dont even recognize it as real music?

I(m sorry, but I would have to consider you incompetent to judge based on that statement.

I went through an Extreme phase years ago, and I own all of their albums except their first one. Yes, Bettencourt can shred, and I used to appreciate that, but my tastes have changed over the years. Now I cringe whenever I hear Extreme. My comment was really aimed towards the thought that "kids these days don't appreciate good music," and I felt it ironic that Extreme was used as an example of that "real music."

• Members

I went through an Extreme phase years ago, and I own all of their albums except their first one. Yes, Bettencourt can shred, and I used to appreciate that, but my tastes have changed over the years. Now I cringe whenever I hear Extreme. My comment was really aimed towards the thought that "kids these days don't appreciate good music," and I felt it ironic that Extreme was used as an example of that "real music."

He's done a lot more than extreme dude. Writing a musician off based on just one of their works = lame.

Check out his Dramagods cd....his singing, playing and songwriting was top notch

[YOUTUBE]k_nrV8jygbw[/YOUTUBE]

Archived