Replacement guitar for Gibson 2003 MelodyMaker, suggestions?

cfernnn

• Members

Anyone suggest a replacement guitar for a 2003 gibson melody maker (single coil pickup) ??? Mine has a major issue w/the neck and it's going to cost $200 to $250 to repair...which makes me think I might as well buy a new guitar since the melody maker cost me $300 new.

My price range is $200 - possibly $300. The guitar tech guy i took the MM to said I could find a way better guitar for that price range than purchasing another MM of this kind

Any suggestions??? I've been looking...but I'm so indecisive...I end up wanting everything

thanks

• Members

ad201vwhite5.jpg

$250 from Rondo

# Single cutaway flat top, made from beautiful, three piece, natural solid Mahogany

# For vintage sound, the guitar features two P90 pickups

# Volume and tone controls and a three way pickup selector switch help you find your sound

# Stop-Bar tailpiece transfers string vibration to the body of the guitar and produces superior sustain

# Mahogany set neck with adjustable truss rod

# The set neck and angle headstock also help transfer string vibration to the body

# Rosewood fretboard with 22 jumbo frets

# Width of the neck at the nut: 1 11/16"; at the 22st fret: 2 3/16". Bridge studs are 3 1/4 " apart Weight: 8 lbs

• Members

ad201vwhite5.jpg

$250 from Rondo

# Single cutaway flat top, made from beautiful, three piece, natural solid Mahogany

# For vintage sound, the guitar features two P90 pickups

# Volume and tone controls and a three way pickup selector switch help you find your sound

# Stop-Bar tailpiece transfers string vibration to the body of the guitar and produces superior sustain

# Mahogany set neck with adjustable truss rod

# The set neck and angle headstock also help transfer string vibration to the body

# Rosewood fretboard with 22 jumbo frets

# Width of the neck at the nut: 1 11/16"; at the 22st fret: 2 3/16". Bridge studs are 3 1/4 " apart Weight: 8 lbs

^^^

This one intrigues me.

Also - I might get flamed for this, but I got an Epi LP Jr for christmas, and I really, really like it. The tuners are not the best - but everything else about it is very appealing.

EPI_LPJR1.JPG

- w

Archived