My Band played our second show a few weeks ago, need Honest to god opinions

RocknRollOver

• Members

Were a relatively new band, as far as playing with this line up goes, called The Breakfast Machine. We played our second show at The Door in Fort Worth a couple of weeks ago and got a couple of videos from it. I'd like honest opinions on what you think.

This one is called "Willow Tree" it is an original.

DOmfcQ6gVxk

This one is "Tropical Ice Land" it is a cover of a Fiery Furnaces song

3myMcoVGSl4

If anything I'd like the most feedback on the original, mainly because were going to drop the cover in the long run.

Thank you everyone

p.s. the first video cuts off right at the very end of the song...eh so be it.

• Members

To embed video to play in a thread:

1) take the URL from the address bar and highlight all text after the = sign.

2) ctrl-c to copy and ctrl-v to paste it into the body of your message in the thread.

3) put [ YOUTUBE ] on the front of what you pasted in, and [ /YOUTUBE ] on the end of it. (remove the spaces between the word "youtube" and the brackets)

4) Bam! You're done.

• Members

As you probably know, the quality of the recording isn't all that great... but it was an ok song... I thought it was interesting that the female vocalist was shoegazing when she wasn't singing... I can't recall seeing a shoegazer vocalist before.

Couldn't really make out any of the vocals, probably due to the poor recording. The crowd seemed to be moving and plenty of folks were there...

Got any actual recordings you can post?

M

• Members

As you probably know, the quality of the recording isn't all that great... but it was an ok song... I thought it was interesting that the female vocalist was shoegazing when she wasn't singing... I can't recall seeing a shoegazer vocalist before.

Couldn't really make out any of the vocals, probably due to the poor recording. The crowd seemed to be moving and plenty of folks were there...

Got any actual recordings you can post?

M

True quality isn't that great but i was actually surprised that it was as good as it was coming from a digital camera. We are recording a couple of songs right now but none of them are mixed and still need cleaning up but we do have songs on the myspace from our first show. www.myspace.com/thebreakfastmachine

• Members

Can't watch them now at work but do you really want people telling you that they think you suck? Thats painfull! There are some people that think Led Zeppelin suck! I wouldn't hold too much stock in what anyone has to say about your music. If the music speaks to you, then stick with it regardless of what other people think.

• Members

Interesting enough, we were playing a battle of the bands and we were the 8th band playing with 7 other hardcore bands. I have a theory after the show, that if you put hardcore fans in front of other music they will dance accordingly.

Also this is the first full band the singer has been in that does shows and what-not so i believe that she doesn't really know what to do with herself when she's not singing. but that just takes time to get the awkwardness away.

And finally, I really don't mind peoples opinions, I'd like to hear what people think if nothing else something we could improve on. There's nothing anyone could say that would make me stop making the music I do so why not?

• Members

I like the mixed vocals, maybe the bassist should have been singing a little less, but I liked the contrast. The original song was okay, lots of atmosphere but not very catchy; I wouldn't do a lot like that but a couple mixed in with more upbeat stuff would be alright. I liked the cover too, it shows that you guys can do catchy stuff with a lot of energy.

• Members

bassist needs to stop singing and needs to wear better clothes. you (assuming you are the guitarist) have your own quirky style, singer is pretty hot and nicely dressed and he's just looks like he's made less effort. anyone who says it's not about what you look like on stage is wrong, people use their eyes as much as their ears at gigs. and on the same note the singer is a little static but maybe her stage presence will come with experience.

hard to tell much about the sound from the recording but it all seemed to be played well enough from a music point of view and the song itself was better than most bands i see playing around little clubs and battle of the band things.

• Members

Interesting mix of styles there. I am tryng to figure out what genre to put your band in. Sort of punk. Kind of this kind of that. What do you call your genre? You know would you call yourself a Post Punk band or is that what Indie music sounds like. Anyway got some good stuff to build on. Good crowd to play for to boot. What was that effect you had playing in that first clip. I liked that.

Good Job..

SS

• Members

I dig the music, the lead singer is hot, but dude, you've got to lose the Pee Wee Herman suit. I expect something that sounds like the Talking Heads when I see someone dressed like that. It's like you're trying to not be taken too seriously. You guys are cooler than that.

• Members

dude, you've got to lose the Pee Wee Herman suit. I expect something that sounds like the Talking Heads when I see someone dressed like that. It's like you're trying to not be taken too seriously. You guys are cooler than that.

I really could care less, honestly. Its all for show effect, I believe you have to put on a show when on stage, I mean that's half of what people want when seeing a live band they can listen to the music at home, so we shoot for stage antics(something our singer is still new at). Just something to make the crowd go "well what the hell is this?" and then blind side them. That suit is and will always be for comic effect.