NPD + NWD! (also known as "BG Pickups Freakin' Rock")

PanaDP

• Members

I received the set of BG Buckers I've been eagerly waiting for and put them in my SG. While I was at it, I replaced a couple worn out pots and tried out the "50s" wiring that a lot of the guys at the LP forum swear by. This one:

50swiring.jpg

I really like both the pickups and the wiring scheme.

The pickups are much brighter than most humbuckers I'm used to. The neck pup is just super sweet and smooth and the bridge is really cutting and clear. I can play with a surprising amount of gain and still pick out each and every note. HUGE props to Bryan. These are really wonderful pickups!

The 50s wiring seems to involve the tone control a lot more for some reason. I don't remember having this much range of tone control. If I play a chord and turn through the range of the tone, it's like sweeping a wah pedal there is so much adjustment range. I haven't played with it enough to really have the subtleties figured out. Anyone else try this with their dual humbucker guitar? What did/do you think of it?

• Members

I'm not winding today. We had a huge storm last night and I have no power at my shop or my house. I'm hooked up to a camping generator right now to answer emails and posts.

Still raining a bit here in the Bay Area, so you should continue to get snowed on for at least a few hours today... However, tomorrow should be fairly clear!

• Members

I'm not winding today. We had a huge storm last night and I have no power at my shop or my house. I'm hooked up to a camping generator right now to answer emails and posts.

aw hell I guess you ain't getting your pickguard today then :( it should be there today

Archived