hottest passive pickup

offbyone

• Members

ya see, ive talked to a few guitar tech friends about it, and all of them have said the invader is going to sound better. although the parallel axis is a little bit hotter of a pickup, it is thinner sounding. id get a chunkier tone out of the invader, which to be is better then it having a little bit higher output and sounding thin

• Members

fender strats. i have one fender strat with an invader in it, sounds great. im getting two more strats, and putting new bridge humbuckers in both. i was gonna just go with what i know, invaders, but i recently found out about the parallel axis having higher dc resistance. ive never played one so i dont know what they sound like. maybe ill get the invader in one and the parallel axis in the other?

Regardless of the output, in the bridge of a strat, a particularly bright position, I'd go with the Invader over the Parallel Axis, due to the increased low end.

In a Gibson, I'd try the Parallel Axis.

• Members

Personally if I were going to buy a super high gain pickup right now it would be the Lace Drop 'n Gain. When I installed that pickup in one of my buddy's thick bodied LPs I couldn't believe how {censored}ing awesome it was. Insane level of output while maintaining a level of clarity that my X2N has never come close to getting.

I'll definitely be getting one for my custom axe if the D-Sonic I have laying around doesn't cut it (when I finally complete the guitar that is).

• Members

thats what i was thinking. in a strat the parallel axis would just be to thin and trebly. the invader sounds great in a strat. im really contemplating that alternative 8 pickup. its spose to be just a bit hotter then the invader, the same tonal characteristics as an invader, but about a 9 out of 10 in treble, where the invader is about 4/10. has anyone played these pickups?

• Members

The new P-Rails Hot they released at NAMM is around 24k in humbucker mode. And it retains clarity really well from the single coil side. It's the hottest passive they have out now.

How come they don't list the resonant frequencies and DC Resistance for their Active Humbuckers?

• Members

El Diablo wins man. I got several and they are well worth the effort to get! It took my Jackson King V and made it a damn animal. I can roll the volume back about 40% and still out do my other passives. A real thrash monster that is heavy on the rhythm chunk with scorching highs. Just ask Scott Ian! :thu:

Archived