hottest passive pickup

offbyone

• Members

id prefer to go with duncans cause i have an artist deal with them so i can get them for super cheap. its either between the invader or the parallel axis distortion. ive played invaders and love em, just wanted to see what else was out there. ive just recently heard about the parallel axis, but have never played one

• Members

i just listened to the sound clips on seymour duncans site, the parallel axis does seem to sound a bit hotter then the invader...

invader

http://files.seymourduncan.com/sounds/78d1f94a200ec675dc68d33b250f3a6eea336878.mp3

parallel axis

http://files.seymourduncan.com/sounds/62afcf5069bf276c8cba453dcafb132e1efbbb3f.mp3

what do you guys think?

• Members

fender strats. i have one fender strat with an invader in it, sounds great. im getting two more strats, and putting new bridge humbuckers in both. i was gonna just go with what i know, invaders, but i recently found out about the parallel axis having higher dc resistance. ive never played one so i dont know what they sound like. maybe ill get the invader in one and the parallel axis in the other?

• Members

Dude, if you can get Seymour Duncan pickups for cheap DEFINITELY get an El Diablo. That thing is crazy expensive (for an SD) due to being a custom shop pickup but it sounds wicked.

For massive gain, though, just slap a clean boost in the chain - problem solved. Going TOO high powered rapes sustain. To compensate for sustain loss you have to move the PU farther away from the strings than usual, but then you loose some of the hotness, which defeats the whole damn point!

• Members
fender strats. i have one fender strat with an invader in it, sounds great. im getting two more strats, and putting new bridge humbuckers in both. i was gonna just go with what i know, invaders, but i recently found out about the parallel axis having higher dc resistance. ive never played one so i dont know what they sound like. maybe ill get the invader in one and the parallel axis in the other?

Axis is gonna be more like a Duncan Distortion. I was thinking of doing one in my Strat. If you get them cheap, give one a try, and see what you think.

• Members

i need to find the hottest passive pickup that seymour duncan makes. it used to be the invader, is it still the invader? or have they recently released a pickup hotter/better sounding then the invader?

Duncan Alt 8 :thu: - http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/alternative_8_s/ = 17.8K

" application

High output humbucker with Alnico 8 magnet for extra output. Perfect for all rock styles and great for use with high gain amps.

description

Our first production pickup to use an Alnico 8 magnet, the Alternative 8 starts with hot coils wound for maximum output. With the addition of the Alnico 8 magnet, output is enhanced with a huge, punchy sound, full of fat mids and present upper-mids. This is a dynamic pickup that doesn

Archived