Who'd you pick for an It Might Get Loud sequel?

noisebloom

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thats a real good one, but feel bad for the editor with all of Eddie's rambling on about anything he can think of.

Knowing this, maybe EVH would be a mistake. I'm afraid his ego wouldn't allow for much room for the others, even someone above him on the food chain like Eric Clapton or Jeff Beck.

Keith Richards would put him in his place, though.

• Members

Peter Green

Billy Gibbons

Warren Haynes

Great players, but all too bluesy to have them all in the one film.

That's why I felt It Might Get Loud worked so well, because they were all so different as players, and had completely different approaches to guitar.

• Members

That's why I felt It Might Get Loud worked so well, because they were all so different as players, and had completely different approaches to guitar.

all very bluesy, but all very different from each other. Warren Haynes is pretty much capable of any style.

• Members

That would be cool but it'd become just another blues jam.

• Members

Having Alex Lifeson in the sequel would be very interesting IMO, being the type of guy who never really "lived the life" despite being in one of Rock's greatest trios. He'd probably have some great stuff to say both about playing & FX too.

• Members

I'm surprised so many people are going for Frusciante - but happy about it, too. From what I've seen in other interviews with him he would bring a serious amount of musical knowledge to the table. He really really knows his history - that man eats and breathes music.

I think my choice would be as follows:

Elder statesman: David Gilmour

Sonic Archetect: Alex Lifeson

Young(er) Gun: John Frusciante

• Members

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez would bring a similar aesthetic as Jack White did, in one sense.

Omar has notoriously said in past interviews that he "hates" the guitar -- although he has said recently that he's "warming up" to it. That reminds me of Jack White's quote in It Might Get Loud where he says playing the guitar should always be a "struggle" for him. That goes against my own aesthetic, but I respect what White and Omar have done with their instruments despite their ... iconoclasm.

I think both believe the guitar is just a way for them to express their music -- but it doesn't reach a kind of love for the instrument.

Archived