Floyd Rose/Charvel question

Nazgul6

• Members

if you installed a trem stop, first, wrap some plumbers tape (teflon) around the thread of the stop piece so it doesnt move/wiggle. This willcut down on some of the clicking noise

As far as making your guitar flat when using it, you need to adjust the trem claw screws - turn them about a half turn clockwise to increase spring tension. that way bridge will rest against the trem stop. You can even crank on them more if you want the bridge to stay in tune during extreme finger bends. I prefer to have it set for slight pressure for a looser playing guitar while still staying in tune for double stops.

I actually leave mine floating for 99% of the time, i dont use my d-tuna often so i let 'er float.

Here's how I have mine setup:

4279968020_d04ba0826e_b.jpg

4279966566_6cc45a2ea1_b.jpg

• Members

if you installed a trem stop, first, wrap some plumbers tape (teflon) around the thread of the stop piece so it doesnt move/wiggle. This willcut down on some of the clicking noise

As far as making your guitar flat when using it, you need to adjust the trem claw screws - turn them about a half turn clockwise to increase spring tension. that way bridge will rest against the trem stop. You can even crank on them more if you want the bridge to stay in tune during extreme finger bends. I prefer to have it set for slight pressure for a looser playing guitar while still staying in tune for double stops.

I actually leave mine floating for 99% of the time, i dont use my d-tuna often so i let 'er float.

Here's how I have mine setup:

4279968020_d04ba0826e_b.jpg
4279966566_6cc45a2ea1_b.jpg

I see you left the thirs spring on there. I asked the guy at axecessories about that and he told me to take off the middle spring and install the trem stop in the middle. I wonder if that's why its moving when I bend.

• Members

I see you left the thirs spring on there. I asked the guy at axecessories about that and he told me to take off the middle spring and install the trem stop in the middle. I wonder if that's why its moving when I bend.

You'll have to tighten the springs a bit to compensate for the third spring being gone.

I wasn't getting enough tension when I tried it with two springs, so I used four (with the trem stop in the middle).

Archived