I'm done with Harmony Central for now.

Ancient Mariner

• Members
Like I said, I don't have time to personally engage with every single person that gets reported. That would be a 24/7 job to discuss with people why what they did was against the rules and the deeper meaning of blah blah blah.

Being a mod, this is an
unpaid volunteer position
. We are not cops. We are not even mall rent-a-cops. We have lives and jobs outside this forum. We try to enforce the rules as best we can, but we can't be perfect and cannot make everyone happy all the time.

Sucker. :cop:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Think about reconsidering Toni.

We need level headed guys with useful contributions like you.

I think banning you for that is a complete overreaction.

I dont get offended when I am called a "Brit" on these boards, and in the context you were using it, only a thin skinned moron would get offended.

What a pathetic reason to ban someone when there are those on here that offend with virtually every post.

Moronic reaction to a post where obviously no offense was intended.

Amazing how "Jap"in the context of describimg a guitar is considerd bannable and "{censored}" isn't.

It's just an abbreviation of "Japanese" for {censored}s sake...obviously no racial slur was intended.

Pathetic.

:facepalm:

:thu:

• Members

I'm not going to apologize for banning someone for using an offensive word
, so you can stop asking for one. If you read my first post, you'll see I told AM I was sorry if he was upset enough to leave, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Can you apologize for overreacting? Please. You seem to be getting very bothered by this. It is the very easy way to make it go away and save face. I feel you have overreacted a bit, a stern PM would've been fine. I believe some people would agree with my opinion. You could easily admit that hindsight, being 20/20, led you to realize you may have overreacted. Maybe just a warning was in order? I understand you were upholding the rules but real police too must face the consequences of their actions if the punishment did not fit the crime. We don't want you fired, we don't want you to be thought of as the big bad mod, we just want to know that we won't get banned for the accidental off color remark. That we don't have to mind or Ps and Qs constantly.

• Members

Hopefully you reported them instead of just sitting here whining.

Why would I report them? Things get said...it's just the interwebz. My point was you can't pick and choose who to apply the rules to. And that a ban was just a bit over-the-top to begin with.

• Members

That fellow is not being anti-semitic. He's being anti the state of Israel.

That's BS and we all know it. There is one Jewish state on the whole friggin planet. If you want that state gone, it follows that you want the inhabitants gone as well.

Tell you what, every post of that asshat's that I see, I'm gonna report it from now on.

Its wrong to use a slang word for a guitar, but advocating Jewish genocide is OK?

I call bull{censored}.

EG

• Members

Can you apologize for overreacting? Please. You seem to be getting very bothered by this. It is the very easy way to make it go away and save face. I feel you have overreacted a bit, a stern PM would've been fine. I believe some people would agree with my opinion. You could easily admit that hindsight, being 20/20, led you to realize you may have overreacted. Maybe just a warning was in order? I understand you were upholding the rules but real police too must face the consequences of their actions if the punishment did not fit the crime. We don't want you fired, we don't want you to be thought of as the big bad mod, we just want to know that we won't get banned for the accidental off color remark. That we don't have to mind or Ps and Qs constantly.

your feelings and beliefs don't really override mod powers if I understand the way the world works correctly

• Members

Why would I report them? Things get said...it's just the interwebz.
My point was you can't pick and choose who to apply the rules to.
And that a ban was just a bit over-the-top to begin with.

But considering that it is virtually impossible for the mods read every single post, sometimes they never even know when an infraction occurs. That's what the report button is for.

It's not that difficult to understand.

• Members

That's BS and we all know it. There is one Jewish state on the whole friggin planet. If you want that state gone, it follows that you want the inhabitants gone as well.

Tell you what, every post of that asshat's that I see, I'm gonna report it from now on.

Its wrong to use a slang word for a guitar, but advocating Jewish genocide is OK?

I call bull{censored}.

EG

ummmmm

aren't you the "get on the train and go to the showers" guy?

• Members

EG

Come on, that's taking it too far. I don't support Israel's policies just as I didn't support U.S. policies under Bush (and Obama's too I guess), but that doesn't mean I want the Jews there gone any more than I want Americans gone. Calm down, Israel =/= Jewry.

• Members

making guns smell pretty is a thankless job

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. I remember waking up for marksmanship practice at 4:45. That smell of nice morning dew with notes of gunpowder. There was nothing like firing a .30-'06 M1 Garand clip downrange to get the day started.

• Members

But considering that it is virtually impossible for the mods read every single post, sometimes they never even know when an infraction occurs. That's what the report button is for.

It's not that difficult to understand.

Obviously, it is for you...

A post gets reported, said post gets read by mod, mod PM's the member who made the post and warns him/her about appropriateness and requests a response. They get the correct response in a reasonable time, no other action is needed. They get another report about the same member, read that post and see a pattern....adios. For anyone...not just randomly here and there.

Archived