Coolest vintage (60s/70s) guitar easily found for under a thousand?

KidEh

• Members

I was browsing through Ebay as I do on occasion, I was thinking it would be great to own a vintage instrument. Suffice to say it's hard to find an auction on a Fender or a Gibson from the 60s or 70s for under a grand.

That made me think, what would be the coolest affordable vintage instrument that wouldn't be hard to find? Just curious. I was looking for an old Mustang, but no such luck.

• Members

I was browsing through Ebay as I do on occasion, I was thinking it would be great to own a vintage instrument. Suffice to say it's hard to find an auction on a Fender or a Gibson from the 60s or 70s for under a grand.

That made me think, what would be the coolest affordable vintage instrument that wouldn't be hard to find? Just curious. I was looking for an old Mustang, but no such luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180461263279&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

• Members

I bought an old 60's ES-330 for $450 and a 70s Telecaster Deluxe for $400 recently. Have gotten tons of other stuff under that. Bought my son a 65 Fender Mustang for $275 last summer.

The best deals on 60s/70s guitars are not found on ebay.

• Members

I bought an old 60's ES-330 for $450 and a 70s Telecaster Deluxe for $400 recently. Have gotten tons of other stuff under that. Bought my son a 65 Fender Mustang for $275 last summer.

The best deals on 60s/70s guitars are not found on ebay.

Where would you say is the best place to look?

CL?

• Members

Where would you say is the best place to look?

CL?

I go to two big flea markets early (5am) every Sunday all summer. I also go to a giant flea market in western MA.

Every week I go to estate sales and auctions, where very few people are looking for guitars and I also stop for every yard sale sign I see.

You do see less Fender/Gibson stuff then you used to, but you can still find some. You still see a lot of the pawn shop stuff that can be flipped for quick and once in a while I come across parts lots - like someone will have a box of misc merchandise with a guitar neck or a pedal in it.

Guitar stores and ebay are not places to find good deals.

• Members

I go to two big flea markets early (5am) every Sunday all summer. I also go to a giant flea market in western MA.

Every week I go to estate sales and auctions, where very few people are looking for guitars and I also stop for every yard sale sign I see.

You do see less Fender/Gibson stuff then you used to, but you can still find some. You still see a lot of the pawn shop stuff that can be flipped for quick and once in a while I come across parts lots - like someone will have a box of misc merchandise with a guitar neck or a pedal in it.

Guitar stores and ebay are not places to find good deals.

Yeah, but that sounds like work and stuff ;)

Archived