A great GC story.

bengerm77

• Members

So I went to GC to buy some new hardware for my drum set. I meander my way around the store until I come up to the used guitars section. I've been here a few times before, and for the last couple of months there was always an 80s Kramer pacer in some wacky 80s color. I was remarking to my friend (who went with me that day) that the price had been dropped by a couple of hundred dollars, but still was not at a market level price.

A man who must have been in his 50s stepped in behind us. "I have an old Kramer that I could sell to you." I turned to look at him: "oh really, how much?" He tells me the price is $400 - fifty dollars below the price that I said was fair market value. He goes on describing the guitar to me, and it is everything that I could want it to be. He gives me his number, and walks out of the store. I continued onto my initial task.

Later, I called him and he met me at his house and sold me the guitar. The result is to be depicted tomorrow when I can get my hands on a camera. In summary, an old guy walked up to me in GC and offered his guitar for almost half the price of one I was looking at on the wall, in excellent condition for it's age. I now own a 1984 red Kramer Pacer Deluxe.

It looks like this but with a humbucker in the bridge:

07thepacer.jpeg

• Members

It's always fun when someone walks into the store with a guitar case to sell something to Guitar Center. The GC employee looks over the guitar and does the old frown...then gives an outrageously lowball figure. The disapointed seller hesitates..... Then some customer who overhears everything says something like: "Holy {censored}, I'll pay you double that for it right now"

Sale made. GC gets {censored}ed. I've been a participant in this occasionally on both sides.

Archived