GASing for a Taylor Solidbody.....

Wulver

• Members

Man, Wood and Steel magazine came today, containing the product guide for 2010. And Taylor's solid body guitars just went to a new level of awesome.

....alright, having trouble finding pics, but they've gone and expanded their Solidbody Classic model to a dozen different possible colors, very reminiscent of Fender in that respect. They've also added the option of a trem, also kinda a Fender nod. And there's a few new pickguard configurations, including some new alnico 5 humbuckers, and a 3 minibucker configuration.

Thus, what has materialized before me in my magazine is a Taylor Solidbody Classic in Surf Green with triple minibuckers and a trem.

Oh my FG I want it so damn bad.

Here's a bit of a look at what I'm talking about. No pics, sorry.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

It's getting late here on a chilly Friday night (at least for the east coast). People are either at home asleep, quickly heading home for the night, or out partying and will soon pass out in their own frozen vomit.

I'll share my GAS lust for Taylor tomorrow.

• Members

I've always thought they looked pretty nice. I only really like the natural or black finish though. It would just seem weird to me to have a candy-apple red guitar that says "Taylor" on the headstock.

Any idea how much these things cost?

• Members

Solidbody Classics look to be running $1300 or so. Considering the nature of their pickguards, where you can swap pickguards with different pickups without any actual soldering and all that, that's not too bad.

Probably some hesitation from the layman on dropping that much on something that's not Fender or Gibson or PRS though.

• Members

As noted yesterday, the Taylor solids are on my GAS list. I see them come up for under $1000 used on eBay all the time and I'm tempted to take the dive.

I like the design and look of them, a very classic singlecut look, but still enough different enough to be it's own thing. The easy swappable pick guard is a great idea and something that is quite feasible for a long time, but most companies haven't really gotten down to implementing it.

Archived