Fender Hot Noiseless

crazyman123

• Members

Hi

Once again I am considering these pickups.

However, as they are designed for Jeff Beck and he doesn't use a pick, will they sound too responsive or sharp when using a Pick?

Will lowering the Pickups help?

ALSO does Jeff Beck still use these Pickups? If not, can you tell me roughly when he did use them?

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks. :)

• Members

As far as I know, JB currently has a custom-wound Suhr set in his personal instruments but he used the Hot Noiseless set (which were indeed voiced specifically for him and initially availably exclusively in his Mk II sig Strat) from 2001 until fairly recently.

As to how they sound when using a pick ... I've posted this clip before elsewhere on this forum (so forgive me if you've seen this before), but this was done with a Custom Shop JB Strat, featuring those PUs, run into a clean Super Reverb. They're not QUITE as juicy as real vintage PUs, but they're not overly harsh or sharp, either.

[YOUTUBE]fp-Fy2VchYY[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I've got a Beck Strat with the Hot Noiseless pup's (and another with the Lace Sensors, totally different animal) and second csm's description. I play electric with a pick (as well as using hybrid picking), using pretty thick picks - either a red Jazz III or a Fred Kelly Baby Fat - and I don't find the pup's harsh or over-sensitive.

Archived