Agile - Xavier - or Axl which is best?

BigGreen

• Members

I know they probably all have differences that one would prefer. I assume that they are all Chinese made. But I haven't ever laid my filthy hands on any of these and they are all in the same price range. I just wondered what the general consensus is.

Axl looks cool and seems to advertise alot. Also grover tuners and Emg design pickups. Havent seen em mentioned much here.

Agile's look is nice and some people here seem to love em

Xaviers look pretty good also but I havent heard overwhelmingly good things about em. You know regular complaints about frets and stuff

• Members

I have two AXL strats. One with rosewood fretboard, one maple. The rosewood is a nice medium C shape. The maple is a baseball bat D. Both play great. The EMG designed pickups are surprisingly good.

Don't have a Xaviere, but I do have a GFS neck (not the current ones) on a Squier Tele Custom. Great neck.

• Members

Are you looking at a LP, Strat, Tele-type or other?

I have loved every Agile I have played. My last one did have a small flaw, but I worked that through with Kurt.

I have had 2 Xavier's - for ergo reasons, I could not bond with either. But I do praise GFS PUP's.

I don't know AXL.

Have fun.

- w

• Members

Depends what you are going for, IMO. I liked the axl strats. I LOVED the agile les pauls, and the xavier strats are good for cleans and their teles are pretty cool too. Axl's are OK if you want a really cheap chredder. I would go for xavier if you want a clean strat. And a Agile if you want a LP, 335 copy, etc.

• Members

I want tele but just because I dont have one. Pretty silly, but when you look at guitars long enough you end up eventually goin through a faze of lusting after something different. Figured if its not too expensive and I get bored with it no harm no foul, thats how I ended looking at these cheaper brands.

Everyone wants something for nothing, and I might end up really liking one of these brands. I have bought some real lemons, Ibanez Ex series. Yuck! And Dean hollywood Belvedere Yuck!

I have a couple GFS pickups and like them. But it all starts with good wood and construction for a gitter to sound good. Blah blah blah

• Members

Has anyone had any experience with these Wolf Guitars :

I don't, but they look interesting.

The company is Korean, but I don't know where the instruments are actually made.

I don't know who sells them either.

So, I haven't been much help, have I?

i had a wolf brand Firebird that was an awesome guitar, but at the time i had like 6 Firebirds......so now I have none.....

Bought it for like $250 ish on ebay .....some private seller guy had imported a container full. Was in fact MIK as I recall

Archived