Peavey Predator on eBay

Jimmy Nolen

• Members

Hello all. I have a question about a Peavey Predator on eBay.

As the description indicates, the body is really beaten up but the neck appears unplayed. How likely is that? Without removing the neck or pickguard, is there a way of telling if the body is an authentic Peavey Predator, as opposed to being some other guitar with a Peavey neck bolted on?

Thanks.

• Members

I think they put relatively thin finishes on most that I've seen and I've seen quite a few. I've seen maybe 5 that fall into this category of the body looking 20 years old and the neck looking close to new.

I'd say nothing at all on that guitar looks suspect.

• Members

I think they put relatively thin finishes on most that I've seen and I've seen quite a few. I've seen maybe 5 that fall into this category of the body looking 20 years old and the neck looking close to new.

I'd say nothing at all on that guitar looks suspect.

Who Dat??? Time will tell!

• Members

Well... just because the neck plate has the micro tilt screw doesn't mean the body does as well. But I can't really imagine someone would knowingly swap the bodies around.

:idk:

Yeah, I agree it's a bit farfetched, but people seem to think a lot of Peavey Predators, especially those made in the USA, and all kinds of weird things happen on eBay. Maybe if someone had one of these lying around and wanted to "enhance" its resale value.

Archived