Warmoth Questions (STAR content) pleae chip in if you have used warmoth!

halford

• Members

Hi Guys,

Looking at Ordering from Warmoth

In particular a STAR shape body with a Jackson neck.

Now a few questions.

Do you just choose the body and nweck and it all fits together?

Can i get 24 fret necks?

Anyone that has played a STAR.... how is the Heel and Fret access?

Thanks for anyones help.

Customer Service is taking forever to reply to my emails

Halford

• Members

Their parts are perfectly compatible and if you're wondering about the heel, I'm pretty sure they offer a contoured heel even on that star body style. You absolutely can get 24 fret fretboards just make sure that your route for your neck pickup is compatible to cooperate w it.

• Members
The necks and bodies all fit together. 24 fret necks are an additional option - you'll just move the neck pickup route a little.

Why not just call Warmoth, though? Their number is posted right on their site...

Thanks for the fast reply!

Awsome you just made my day...i was a little worried. i couldnt see anywhere where it had a 24 fret option??

i cannot call as i am from New Zealand :wave:

Halford

• Members
Their parts are perfectly compatible and if you're wondering about the heel, I'm pretty sure they offer a contoured heel even on that star body style. You absolutely can get 24 fret fretboards just make sure that your route for your neck pickup is compatible to cooperate w it.

Thanks to you for your help!!!

Awsome :thu:

Halford

• Members

Thanks for the fast reply!

Awsome you just made my day...i was a little worried. i couldnt see anywhere where it had a 24 fret option??

When you go through the custom neck builder wizard, you should see the option for how many frets you want.

http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/CustomNeck.aspx

When you choose the pickup routes on the body, you'll just need to make sure that the neck PU is moved to accommodate the 24 fret neck extension. Check the box next to "24 Fret Reposition".

Sorry, didn't see you were in NZ.

• Members
When you go through the custom neck builder wizard, you should see the option for how many frets you want.

http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/CustomNeck.aspx

When you choose the pickup routes on the body, you'll just need to make sure that the neck PU is moved to accommodate the 24 fret neck extension. Check the box next to "24 Fret Reposition".

Sorry, didn't see you were in NZ.

AWESOME!

your help is much appreciated

thats ok, its not displayed im in NZ :thu:

Halford

Archived