My Problem with Marshall (and many other companies).

PancakeBunny

• Members

Is that they don't have a comprehensive, easy to remember and easy to research line-up of products.

Their website is a mess and their product names are a confusing series of numbers and letters. You really have to do your research in order to be able to associate the model name to what the amp actually is.

It isn't like Rivera, Fender, Dr. Z, or many other companies. Why can't their amps be as easy to remember as Bassman, Carman Ghia, Pubster?

They make a ton of different amps and {censored} all if I know what they are all called.

• Members
Is that they don't have a comprehensive, easy to remember and easy to research line-up of products.

Their website is a mess and their product names are a confusing series of numbers and letters. You really have to do your research in order to be able to associate the model name to what the amp actually is.

It isn't like Rivera, Fender, Dr. Z, or many other companies. Why can't their amps be as easy to remember as Bassman, Carman Ghia, Pubster?

They make a ton of different amps and {censored} all if I know what they are all called.

I agree with the Marshall issue. I can't keep straight what is what for them! I know the JTM 45 though, but just wish I could afford one...:o

• Members

i LOVE peaveys website, and the ability to look up every archived manual for everything they have ever released. I hate flip-flopping between peavey ultras and mesas, the ultras sound better, but im always like OOOO MESA BOOGIE ITS EXPENSIVE OOOOO.

i need to get the {censored} over that one day.

• Members

... their product names are a confusing series of numbers and letters. You really have to do your research in order to be able to associate the model name to what the amp actually is.

What about Ibanez guitars...?

Someone: I own an RGXR47EZX....

Me: Really? (Thinks to myself: What the {censored} is that?)

examples:

IJX121

GRX20

RG2EX1

RG3EXFM1

S5470

etc.....

• Moderators

Their website is a mess and their product names are a confusing series of numbers and letters.

This would have been an adequate posting.

the best amp manufacturer in the world has a {censored}e site, plain and simple, and to be honest they must lose business because of it.

Good amps, bad business

• Members

Well they've been around for a long time. Still have the same owner. I think Fender has changed hands two or three times. And Fender made a couple of their most popular amps differently. And instead of giving them new names or numerical designations they kept the same name. This has lead to a lot of confusion. You just have to zero in on what you want and go from there.

• Members

I agree. If I recall, all those model names and numbers have no meaning and Marshall itself never even gave them those crazy numerical names (1959, 1974, 1987 etc) - it was their distributor instead. But obviously the names stuck.

My biggest problem with them is that so many of their new amps follow the "more knobs is better" philosophy. And their reissue amps cost as much as a boutique amp. So I don't think i'd ever buy a Marshall.

• Members

yea maybe just cuz i play heavier {censored} that i love peavey and their website (also the amps are better tone-wise IMO and MUCH cheaper). i have many pedals and processors that go to my Peavey XXX but the only thing wrong with the whole situation is my Marshall cabinet...it supposedly had celestion 40's but this marshall just cannot handle the raw power of my peavey and acts up occasionally :mad:

Archived