Boss GE-7 vs. MXR M-108 vs. ???

GilmourD

• Members

OK... I just got a Vox AC4TV8. The thing sounds great and is fairly versatile as it is, but I'd like a bit more gain out of it (via pushing the front end) and some more EQ options (it only has a tone knob).

So, what would you guys get? A modded Boss GE-7 (one of the mods to reduce noise)? An MXR M-108 10-band EQ (both input level and volume sliders)? Something else?

• Members

out of those the MXR is clearly better, although the GE-7 is quite good too...

... but i'd just save alot of money and get a Fish & Chips. it's an awesome pedal for dirt cheap.

I'm not looking for super money savings, but thanks. I can afford $120 for the MXR. LOL

• Members

ok. i have a friend who owns the 6 band mxr and the fish & chips and he uses the fish & chips. they sound as good as the other, really. bad thing about it is the enclosure...

... but if you insist on spending the money... MXR
:lol:

I was thinking more along the lines of the 10-band anyway since it has an input level and an overall output volume while the 6-band only has the output level. It's definitely a somewhat different animal. Beyond the equalization, I was thinking that might also give a good clean boost.

Archived