Gibson USA: Sammy Hagar's Les Paul

orbm1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Horrible headstock, and in typical Gibson fashion way overpriced.

I did like Chickenfoot when I saw them in concert. Sammy's comments about drinking and tequila reminded me of someone in his late teens or early twenties. "Yeah!! Let's drink!" "Whoopie, have a tequila!!!"

Visually (except for the logo) I like it better than the AES620SH, but not for an extra $2000.

• Members

^^^

:lol:

They're not fitted wonky, you silly, it's a carved top! From the side they may appear wonky because they are sitting flat again the curvature where they are positioned!!!!!

You did make me laugh here - I guess you would have to know!!!!
:thu:

:lol:

I would have thought they'd sit level no matter what the curvature. Having pots placed like that would just seem... odd. Maybe it's because I'm a Fender guy and our pots sit level :p

:thu:

• Members

Correct me if I'm wrong but that back looks 2 piece to me..

66aa3a9a-02a6-498b-aef0-5ffa19bdfb04.jpg

Not that its a bad thing....I prefer as minimal as possible but plenty of 2 piece backs rock hard...just surprised as i though 1 piece was standard on standards.

I don't know why you guys are blaming gibson for the headstock when it's supposedly designed by Hager himself.

• Members

I always thought he played Yamahas..... cool looking guitar... but I have to agree the Chicken Foot Logo on the headstock is a BIG WTF.... the Red R isn't that bad though... Like ALLLLL signature models this is probably going to be WAY over priced and forever out of my reach...lol

• Members

No, I think most standards are 2 pieces back these days, mine certainly is.

Yeah my SG Standard is also 2 piece. My LP Standard 2004 is 1 piece though....but I think it was a nice move on Gibsons part to do the 2 piece body's and pass the saving they made producing them onto their loyal customers.:lol::lol::lol:

Archived