Check this guy out. We must be doing it wrong.

_pete_

• Members

I'm not big on his singing but the guy can freakin' play.

He's blind, plays in a similar fashion to Jeff Healey (guitar on his lap), but plays left handed on a right handed guitar. He's right handed BTW.

[YOUTUBE]eIvNxF89qkA[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I'm sorry. I can certainly appreciate the guy's talent, but that's one of the dorkiest things I've ever seen.

It's a shame, because he's obviously got monster chops that totally transcend his blindness and weird approach. There's no need to present it like a circus act. Maybe his other material is better.

• Members

I'm sorry. I can certainly appreciate the guy's talent, but that's one of the dorkiest things I've ever seen.

It's a shame, because he's obviously got monster chops that totally transcend his blindness and weird approach. There's no need to present it like a circus act. Maybe his other material is better.

From what I read he was predominantly a Christian music performer.

he played 15 different instruments too. I also read that he recently passed away.

• Members

From what I read he was predominantly a Christian music performer.

he played 15 different instruments too. I also read that he recently passed away.

He's still alive... perhaps the person who wrote what you read, was referring to Jeff Healey who did pass away.

If you search google, you'll see posts by Rory within the last 30 days.

It's interesting that he's using essentially the same technique that Jeff used... I wonder if they both developed it independently... like the guys that flipped over righty guitars and played them upside down without changing strings.

They certainly both share a fluid ability on the fretboard, and some could argue that maybe Rory has a faster / cleaner picking hand... although Jeff could really smoke too!

Amazing playin though!

M

• Members

He's still alive... perhaps the person who wrote what you read, was referring to Jeff Healey who did pass away.

If you search google, you'll see posts by Rory within the last 30 days.

That's good. I read that in a post on TGP.

I always liked Jeff and thought he should have been better known than he was.

Archived