Installing a Bigsby on this Ibanez.. Can anyone lend some good advice?

Hand Amputation

• Members

So I was thinking about purchasing this Ibanez hollowbody:

http://www.ibanez.com/HollowBodyGuitars/model-AM73B

Can anyone help me out with picking a Bigsby setup for it?

I have installed a Bigsby on my LP that I ordered from Stew Mac, with the rolling bridge. (Love it!)

smmh.jpg

But I would really like a hollowbody with the same setup.

Any good advice would be appreciated. Thanks for reading this!

qyihwn.gif

:thu:

• Members

and where do I buy said piece? I googled and failed.

That's a brand new design from Bigsby. If you have a regular luthier or tech/authorized dealer, check with them. I just had a Bigsby put on my project tele and my tech told me about that rig. I'm tempted to get it for my Les Paul.

BTW, Bigsby just raised their prices 25%.

• Members

Hey HA, how are ya! (Bought an extremely fine Danelectro U2 from ya one time, long ago.) I put a Bigsby on my Epi Alleykat, and it really wasn't a big deal. I forget what model # it is. Works great and the guitar stays in tune really well. I think I might still have the installation instructions if you would need them.

DSCN0314.jpg

• Members

Holy shit!

You guys w/B5's on your semi's are nuts. Those are designed for solids.

Should be using a B7/B70.

The Bigsby B5 is mounted on a Vibramate so it works without having to drill anything and since the Reverend has a flat top it's a perfect match. Not too sure the B5 would work on the Ibanez, though.

• Members

The Bigsby B5 is mounted on a Vibramate so it works without having to drill anything and since the Reverend has a flat top it's a perfect match. Not too sure the B5 would work on the Ibanez, though.

I have the B5/Vibramate rig on my Eleca. It will work fine on that Artcore or any other model that has a standard tuneomatic/stop tail combo. I would suggest a roller bridge to go with it as well.

IMG_4199.jpg

This is the bigsby equipped version of the same artcore series...

redhotmama4.jpg

• Members

Ok, but I wouldn't do it.

Archived