Guitar stringS!!!! 9/10 gauges.... help a brother out

Reignman

• Members

D'Addario makes a set right in the middle @.0095 to .044. SIT makes 'em too, but when I used them I had to adjust the truss rod every time a changed strings. At .860" measured at the nut this isn't a thin, whippy neck either. Just {censored}ty QC IMO.

• Members

D'Addario makes a set right in the middle @.0095 to .044. SIT makes 'em too, but when I used them I had to adjust the truss rod every time a changed strings. At .860" measured at the nut this isn't a thin, whippy neck either. Just {censored}ty QC IMO.

I do not understand that statement at all.

• Members

I do not understand that statement at all.

the 5 in the 9.5 is "Ten Thousandths of an inch I am assuming.. meaning it is 9 thousands and 5 ten thousandths in measurement...

Yea, thats pretty {censored}ty

Im just think 9's feel better but they always break on me... the 10's have been fairly consistant... I definitely play faster, better on 9's

• Members

I was more alluding to the need to adjust the truss rod whenever making a string change. I don't understand that at all.

And to the OP, sorry, man, but I've been playing for about 25 years, and I have never, EVER noticed a difference in tone due between 9's and 10's.

Sure, maybe going from an unwound 3rd string to a wound 3rd string, but not between 9's and 10's.

Maybe your ears are better than mine, lol....

I say go with what FEELS best to you.

Oh, and I play 9's. D'Addario's. Exclusively.

• Members

If you are breaking a lot of strings it's probably not the strings that are the issue. I used the hybrid sets from Ernie Ball on my Floyds and liked them.

I must also agree Coralkong, the having to adjust the neck after changing strings, etc., makes no sense.

• Members

I was more alluding to the need to adjust the truss rod whenever making a string change. I don't understand that at all.

And to the OP, sorry, man, but I've been playing for about 25 years, and I have never, EVER noticed a difference in tone due between 9's and 10's.

Sure, maybe going from an unwound 3rd string to a wound 3rd string, but not between 9's and 10's.

Maybe your ears are better than mine, lol....

I say go with what FEELS best to you.

Oh, and I play 9's. D'Addario's. Exclusively.

I don't understand it either. But I had to tighten the truss rod with the first set, loosen with the second and tighten it again with the third set. That makes me think that the tension from set to set was different enough to need a truss adjustment. Same thing as when you move from .08's to .010's

More pull from the tens. The only conclusion I can come to is lousy quality control. I never have to do this with the big D's. And I'm glad I only bought 3 sets of these strings. Also .0095 is 5 ten thousandths less than .010.

• Members

hey reignman, try those 9.5s if you have access to a set. they may be that "happy medium" that you're looking for. d'addario's are my string of choice, if you were curious.

Sup brohym!! you sell anythign yet:cop:

Whats the model number on those bastards?

Archived