finally got around to finishing up my pedalboard...

pixelchemist

• Members

love the everything about the m13 with three exceptions...

*some of the drives are good but not as good as the rest of the effects (hence a board full of drives) i mainly use the m13 for delays/verb/modulation

*the expression pedals can be a little unpredictable and over simplified its a shame they cant be assigned more granularly...

* it's very prone to ground loops

• Members

do you take that to gigs? If I had that many pedals one board I wouldn't know what to do!

haven't gig'ed it yet but i have gigged with something similar... i'm currently working on building a case for this board so that I can gig it in the future... i don't gig regularly though but i do get together with friends and play at various places quite frequently (not for the public)

it's actually a not nearly as complicated as it looks...

I tend to run the m13 in latch mode to switch between scenes so thats on one button switch... and my expression pedals control only 1 or two things per scene... usually delay feedback mix or feedback on xp1 and wah on xp2

the main volume is first in the chain for doing swells mostly and muting the guitar.. the pedal labeled MAS is last in the chain before the power amp so i can dim overall volume without touching the amp i use that mostly at home though for late night practicing..

the rest is a compressor which is almost always on... a few different drives (all very different)... the amp mode switch and reverb switch (boss) and a looper pedal which is used mostly for practicing at home but its easier to just leave it in there...

it was really cheap to build the board... its got 3 75 cent framing brakets screwed to the back for feet to elevate the back... and that has some from rubber over it protect whatever floor its on... the panel is a 6 dollar shelf from home depot and it covered in industrial grade velcro (that was a little expensive.. i payed about 35 bucks for enough to do the whole thing)

i went with velcro instead of carpet as it grips much better... that board is rock solid... none of that stuff is moving without some elbow grease...

for power i just use cheap-o power strip with a built in noise filter... a 1-spot for most of the pedals and the adapter for the non-standard powered ones...

cables i made myself... switchcraft 228 plugs and canare GS-6 that cost a bit but not nearly as much as buying a bunch of cables or using some of the solderless options

all in all its a really great sounding board in my opinion...

• Members

That is pretty complicated! I'm always amazed with the impressive boards I see online.

For me, I have a tuner, comp, trem and timefactor (that just replaced an AD-9). I sometimes use an overdrive or boost as well.

I can't deal with any more!

What style do you play?

• Members

That is pretty complicated! I'm always amazed with the impressive boards I see online.

For me, I have a tuner, comp, trem and timefactor (that just replaced an AD-9). I sometimes use an overdrive or boost as well.

I can't deal with any more!

What style do you play?

I try to play alot of different stuff but I guess my primary stylistic goal is something along the lines of what you would get if you could somehow merge robben ford, andy timmons, eric johnson, and john mayer into one player. I am no were even close to that level yet though (and doubt i ever will be in my lifetime).

for just jamming i usually stick to blues, blues rock, funk, and classic rock stuff which i can usually get my way through without too much frustration... i also try to touch on jazz a bit

more or less though im just a hack who is as much a gear head as an aspiring player

Archived