Thanks for the help on my Epi pups upgrade!

Dandy Don

• Members

First off thanks to all who replied to my post on what pups would be a good upgrade from the stock pups in my Epi Les Paul Studio. I wish time were on my side as I would have went with BG or Rose pups but one takes 6 weeks to deliver (BG) and Rose was sold out of stock so It would have been mid March before I could replace the crappy pups. Today I called Sweetwater and for 131.00 inc. I'll have a SH-4 JB for the bridge & a SH-2 Jazz for the neck. They promised delivery by Wen. I should have them installed and ready to play Thur. so I can use it at next weekends gigs. Again thanks for the help on this important upgrade!!:thu::thu:

• Members
First off thanks to all who replied to my post on what pups would be a good upgrade from the stock pups in my Epi Les Paul Studio. I wish time were on my side as I would have went with BG or Rose pups but one takes 6 weeks to deliver (BG) and Rose was sold out of stock so It would have been mid March before I could replace the crappy pups. Today I called Sweetwater and for 131.00 inc. I'll have a SH-4 JB for the bridge & a SH-2 Jazz for the neck. They promised delivery by Wen. I should have them installed and ready to play Thur. so I can use it at next weekends gigs. Again thanks for the help on this important upgrade!!
:thu:
:thu:

was that regular price, or were they on sale?

• Members

Thanks again guys, in answer to your question Steve_Man. I talked to the guy at Sweetwater (Brian) and he quoted me 147.00 to my door. I then called a few other places to see what they could do. At a few they had no idea or real info on pups, but one place offered the set at 130.95 inc. shipping. I gave Brian at Sweetwater a call back cuz of all the people I spoke with on the phone yesterday he actually knew the product, told him the price I got and he said Lets get those pickups to ya! He matched there price, the reason I called Sweetwater was cuz the guy I bought the guitar from had bought the guitar from them and he gave me all the paperwork. I'll be calling them more from now on!:thu:

• Members

I'm sure those pickups will more than do the job!! I sure couldn't use it on a paid gig it was to BLAH!! Why they would put such lame pups in a LP is beyond me? I wouldn't have bought the guitar except for the fact it was like new and I paid 197.00 for it.

Archived