Best Agile Guitar

darthyahya

• Members

When I ask "Best Agile Guitar" Obviously I realize the higher the model number the more expensive, the better pups etc. I know for any given Les Paul of theirs, one with a goldtop p90 style pickups is a diferent sounding guitar then one with stock or even Duncan designed. I know the 4000 series is a bit pricey but every review I've read, even reviews on the early 2000 series LP are great. I have read thousands of reviews from many different sources and have yet to hear one single negative complaint about anyones Agile les paul. Now i am NOT going to buy a Gibby standard unless its coming at an incredibly low price, probably on Craigslist due to someones need for quick cash. that means 1000.00 to me. ive bought wonderful Gibby studios with cases for 600 on Cl due to the same reasons....need for fast cash. getting back to the OP, Im usually play Classic rock covers. Gunz n roses, nirvana, led zep, etc, u know what im talking about. should i go for a 2000 series or greater. what do you you "Guitar God Gurus" think and what have been ur experiences with these wonderful Agiles. as always, Thanx in advance.

Rev. Brother John C. Mc Mullen

Ezar Lodge 281

International Masons and O.E.S

• Members

Why do you ask about Agile then list Epiphone and Gibson in the poll?

As to which Agile, only you can decide that. Look at the specs for each model and decide what you want. Do you want a maple neck or mahogany? Do you want a two piece body or three? Do you want abalone inlay, pearloid inlay, or real MOP?

We can't tell you which is "best" only you can decide which is best for you.

I'm pretty happy with my 3000 if that helps, but someone else might not be.

• Members

I suppose this all comes down to how much you want to spend.

If you're on the cheap, the Agile or Epi will get you going and you have room to upgrade stuff as you go.

If you have a mid level budget ($500-800) you can check out Edwards, Tokai, Greco, essentially the Japanese cloners, most of which are great. You might find an Epiphone Elitist or Orville, both of which are excellent guitars. An upper level LTD EC-1000 is a solid pick too.

More than $1k and there's a ton of options including Gibson, Heritage, Robin, ESP, PRS, lots of single cuts out there.

• Members

get a gibson studio vintage faded......you get the wood.....you get the burstbucker pro pickups......it IS a gibson and since you can get one new for around $800 ($700 when they have sales) or a bit less used, if you can find one....yer not likely to ever really loose any $$ on it.

i aboslutely LOVE mine :thu:

4161647786_f1928103c7_b.jpg

• Members

I appreciate all the quick responces. you can see from my sig that i do own quite a few expensive guitars, specifically the bladerunners and the automatic strat. the bladerunners are really one trick ponies. i knida ruled out epiphones cause i had a few and wasnt impressed. the best one i had was a slash model but i got it at a time when i had recently got badly burned in a boiler room accident and i for some reason just hated the guitar. it was probably all the drugs they had me on for pain and anxiety, percs and xanax. completely changed my mood. i traded it for some kinda fender, dont remember. I just didnt want to buy a 3000 series agile only to find out that a 2000 series had the tone i was looking for. to be absolutely honest, of all my guitars, i had this guild burnside hammer. it had a pickguard mounted single humbucker, some korean SEHG EMG passive copy. i hated the frigging guitar but a few weeks ago i dropped a vintage 70-ish dimarzio Super distortion into it and now its the ony one i play. i dont even pickup the ibanez anymore which used to be my favorite guitar. so here's a cheap 3-4 hundred dollar guild that i hated, transformed into a total rock machine with ten minutes of work with a soldering iron. ironic to say the least. one of my guild blades has a SD screamin demon dropped in the bridge. another 10 minutes of work completely changed that guitar. i was about to smash it into pieces one day cause i was just in one of my moods.

has anyone tried the AL-4000 model? im also a bit confused about some of gibsons designs. the solid bodies vs the chambered ones. does it make that much tonal difference pound for pound [no pun intended] with all else being equal on the guitars?

once again, thanx in advance

• Members

Why do you ask about Agile then list Epiphone and Gibson in the poll?

As to which Agile, only you can decide that. Look at the specs for each model and decide what you want. Do you want a maple neck or mahogany? Do you want a two piece body or three? Do you want abalone inlay, pearloid inlay, or real MOP?

We can't tell you which is "best" only you can decide which is best for you.

I'm pretty happy with my 3000 if that helps, but someone else might not be.

i put the others in the poll to se if some would just plain prefer one over the other despite this being an "AGILE" question post. enough people might really be pro agile but still prefer a real gibby or even an old beatup epi.

• Members

I have the AL2000, an AL3100, an AL3000 and used to have an AL2500.

Here is my assessment

AL2000 - solid guitar, no frills with a pretty good maple cap, just creme binding on body and neck - rosewood fretboard and pearloid inlays mine is an AL2000 Black Cherry and it's very nice

AL2500 - solid guitar, a littel better flame cap and more binding and Fleur De Lis, rosewood fretboard and pearloid inlays.

AL3000 - excellent guitar with a ebony fretboard, abalone inlays and triple binding and Fleur De lis

AL3100 - same as AL3000 but with Mother-of-pearl inlays

AL4000 - Full maple cap vice veneer.

101_1526.jpg

101_1673.jpg

101_1516.jpg

100_2004.jpg

100_2472.jpg

101_0188.jpg

101_0179.jpg

101_0177.jpg

• Members

I have a used Agile 3000 that I dropped a BG Hellabucker in the bridge and I play that now more than my ESP Eclipse. In fact I am seriously thinking about selling the ESP and getting an Agile goldtop with P90s just for something different. Maybe I am a ra tard but I have been through a ton of guitars (expensive/cheap) and I really like the Agile.

• Members

I hated the one I've played - chambered wannabe Gibson guitar and the BB Pros don't do it for me and Kluson tuners that I've never been impressed with. BUT for the right price you are getting a Gibson

get a gibson studio vintage faded......you get the wood.....you get the burstbucker pro pickups......it IS a gibson and since you can get one new for around $800 ($700 when they have sales) or a bit less used, if you can find one....yer not likely to ever really loose any $$ on it.

i aboslutely LOVE mine
:thu:

4161647786_f1928103c7_b.jpg

• Members

I have the AL2000, an AL3100, an AL3000 and used to have an AL2500.

Here is my assessment

AL2000 - solid guitar, no frills with a pretty good maple cap, just creme binding on body and neck - rosewood fretboard and pearloid inlays mine is an AL2000 Black Cherry and it's very nice

AL2500 - solid guitar, a littel better flame cap and more binding and Fleur De Lis, rosewood fretboard and pearloid inlays.

AL3000 - excellent guitar with a ebony fretboard, abalone inlays and triple binding and Fleur De lis

AL3100 - same as AL3000 but with Mother-of-pearl inlays

AL4000 - Full maple cap vice veneer.

101_1526.jpg

101_1673.jpg

101_1516.jpg

100_2004.jpg

100_2472.jpg

101_0188.jpg

101_0179.jpg

101_0177.jpg

that spalted top one is gorgoeus! which model is that one and what pups did it come with? I wouldnt mind getting that one!

• Members

that spalted top one is gorgoeus! which model is that one and what pups did it come with? I wouldnt mind getting that one!

the Spalted comes with Alnico V pups but I swapped with SD Jazz and JB - the JB is my fav and everyone raves about the Jazz.

I put the pups in my 335 and it is the smoothest sounding guitar I own but I'm not into smooth much

• Members

Good grief Brewski, that's a lot of Agiles! Just goes to show how different guys are 'round here. I'd rather have a good tele and a Mira for that dosh, but good on ya' for getting what you want.

I bought the Agiles and other inexpensive to figure out which types of guitars I like and what I've learned is I am not a Tele or Strat guy, I like 24.7 and 25" scales guitars and I like humbuckers for my style.

I now know I like 24 fret guitars with floyd rose trems for stability but enjoy Tune-o-matic too and hate all fender bridges.

• Members

Damn this is one confusing poll! Are you asking which Agile model is the best? If so, shouldn't the options be different Agile models? Or are you asking if Agile is better than Epi and Gibson? Either way, you gotta make the question clear. One or two sentences is plenty.

• Members

Damn this is one confusing poll! Are you asking which Agile model is the best? If so, shouldn't the options be different Agile models? Or are you asking if Agile is better than Epi and Gibson? Either way, you gotta make the question clear. One or two sentences is plenty.

check my first post - I actually break down the Agile AL series for the OP

Archived