NGD - Ultra Swede Content

Woody_in_MN

• Members

I don't post everything I buy- but this one was off the beaten path, so I thought it would be worth posting. Yesterday the big brown truck dropped off to me my first Hagstrom. It is the Ultra Swede. This is the first Hagstrom I have ever seen in person, let alone played.

Short Review: This crimson flame finish is gorgeous. It has the abalone (pearl type) bindings that look gowdy on some guitars, but not on this one. It is a great player. The PUP's are among the best I have played. It also has the coil tap which gives greater versatility. The craftsmanship is the best I have seen on any guitar. This is a freakin awesome guitar. :thu:

Anyway pics...

SWEDE1.JPG

SWEDE2.JPG

SWEDE3.JPG

- w

• Members

Wow!

The body shape reminds me a bit more of PRS singlecut rather than an LP... and that's a "good thing"!

I can't recall many people who have had HNGD's with Hag's not glowing over them. Congrats on the great score...

Vids? Clips?

There's a cool blues backing in the current sticky thread that would be a good backdrop for some Hag blues action!

:D

M

• Members

Massive props. I am developing some Hag gas myself. How does this honey play?

(oYo)

It is a very nice player out of the box. I did not have to mess with anything - except tune it. The neck is thin and rather narrow. The frets are rather high. None of this bothers me.

- w

• Members

We might have to compare Hags one of these days. You are in my neck of the woods.

- w

I'm hoping to pick up a Swede gold top in the near future. I'm about 20 minutes north of Stillwater so not to far out from the cities.

• Members

Wow!

The body shape reminds me a bit more of PRS singlecut rather than an LP... and that's a "good thing"!

I can't recall many people who have had HNGD's with Hag's not glowing over them. Congrats on the great score...

Vids? Clips?

There's a cool blues backing in the current sticky thread that would be a good backdrop for some Hag blues action!

:D

M

Oh man. I'm not making promises, but my wife is out of the house this weekend - so it would be a good time to try and do something. If I can get some motivation going this weekend, I'll try to do something.

BTW- The body is rather thin and sculpted. Not really an LP wanna be. It is a single cut but not an LP.

- W

• Members

The shape reminds me of the Gibson Blueshawk, very cool. Nice guitar. A buddy of mine with short fingers (1" shorter than mine!) wanted to get a new guitar but couldn't get his fingers around the LP necks. He played my Super Swede and was nuts for the neck and the quality of the guitar for the price. He just bought an Ultra off ebay. Very cool guitars that play crazy good! Have fun.

Archived