Mark Bolan's Orange Les Paul Custom

fuzztone

• Members

He had it stained orange to look like Eddie Cochran's Gretsch .When I wear all the finish off my Custom I am going to do the same thing.

[YOUTUBE]OdKI2Ow9NRY[/YOUTUBE]

Actually I read on the Les Paul Forum that his guitar was a Les Paul Standard or possibly a gold top that had the neck replaced 2 or 3 times. It has a Custom neck in the vid and a standard neck in the photo(below).

marcgrass.jpg

• Members

lol rondo used to sell a al custom in that exact color.

why gibson never made a bolan signature v or les paul baffles me, oh wait doing that would be a great idea and you know gibson can't have any of those!

Agreed about the sig -- particularly the V. Over the years I've learned that anything remotely associated with Marc Bolan just oozes cool.

• Members

Classy looking Gibby he had.

I actually had lunch with him when I was a kid, after winning a competition to meet him.

Even though he was clearly tired from the previous nights show, he came across as a genuinely nice guy and took the time to chat away to me and my brother.

He's sadly missed :cry:

• Members

Classy looking Gibby he had.

I actually had lunch with him when I was a kid, after winning a competition to meet him.

Even though he was clearly tired from the previous nights show, he came across as a genuinely nice guy and took the time to chat away to me and my brother.

He's sadly missed
:cry:

Wow! That is the coolest story I ever heard.

F.Y.I: There is a great documentary about Bolan on youtube

[YOUTUBE]RjQmIu-3BCY[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Here's a few CDs to listen to:

A Beard Of Stars (first record with electric guitar)

T-Rex (The band name shortened to T-Rex from the longer Tyrannosaurus Rex)

Electric Warrior (In my opinion his best; I have two vinyl copies of it to be on the safe side. One of them is from the '70s)

The Slider (Also very good)

Tanx (Has some really good songs on it, despite not selling as good as previous albums)

Across The Airwaves (Radio One live recordings; includes a very bluesy version of Hot Love from over a year before it was available on vinyl)

THat's it for now. Rock on.

• Members

Electric Warrior (In my opinion his best; I have two vinyl copies of it to be on the safe side. One of them is from the '70s)

The Slider (Also very good)

I'm a huge fan. But I think I'm one of the very few who actually thinks The Slider is (just barely) a superior album to Electric Warrior (also a stone classic.)

• Members

I've never been able to find a copy of them, but I've gotten enough tracks through compilation albums to say that either of than the ones that came afterwards:

T._Rex_%28Album%29.jpg

BeardOfStars.jpg

Jewel > Elemental Child > everything else

Archived