Godin Freeway Classic vs Godin Velocity?

Devius

• Members

Which would you get? I need the guitar to be a decent, affordable, all-around workhorse. These seem fairly nice on paper but there are no local dealers who carry these guitars (or Godin for that matter).

So any experiences which of these would be more suitable for modern funk/rock/metal?

Freeway Classic

Velocity

Is there any notable difference in these two guitars save for the look and the pickup configurations? Edit: oh, and of course the Velocity has the switch that makes the pickups go active from passive. Doh... Anyway, don't really have experience with active pickups. Just wondering if that would be a good feature to have when doing tapping and stuff like that when in a more high gain territory?

Thanks!

• Members

I like the neck humbucker and the looks of the Freeway Classic. I just bought a Godin Summit CT as my first electric, it is awesome. You will be happy either way.

I have brought it in to two different shops to get a set-up and to try out different amps and got a ton of compliments from the owner's and guitar techs; one said it is one of the nicest guitars he has played. I have the active/passive switch on my guitar. It is a cool feature, but for me, not a deal breaker. I keep it on passive for the most part. When you switch it to active it just kinda gives you a little boost in sound. It's similar to an overdrive. It is a bit snappier.

Archived