The Danimal Custom Strat

lachupakabra361

• Members

Hey guys, just thought i would share my latest project. the lead guitarist for my band and one of my best friends got this guitar (his first) when he was twelve from his dad. he played the sh*t out of it for years until it eventually broke and it sat in his house for about two years. couple months ago he asked me to make it playable with whatever spare parts i had around so i said i would. i commented on how ill have to resist peeling off the stickers and painting it pink and he said to do whatever i want, just make it awesome. haha so i went slightly beyond spare parts....

BEFORE:

Danimal%20before1_thumb.jpg

danimal%20before%202_thumb.jpg

As you can see, he liked to self decorate... yes, that is nailpolish.:facepalm:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

AFTER:

danimal%20after%201_thumb.jpg

danimal%20after%202_thumb.jpg

not perfect, but im happy with how it turned out. the neck pickup was stock and the hot rails was in it when he gave it to me. i swapped the middle pickup out with a fender texas special. each switch individually controls each pickup: (in phase/off/out of phase) sounds awesome and there are so many different sounds available. painted it off-white with pearl pickguard and all gold hardware with locking tuners. he freaked out when he saw it! haha

Its his christmas/birthday/wedding present.

Every rocker should have one white strat!:thu:

• Members

Not so keen on how the bridge pickup looks with the rest of the guitar, but still, VERY nice job. Particularly the switches. I've got a Strat project in the works, and I'm going to have me some three-toggle lovin' as well :love:

Great stuff. And, agreed on the white Strat thing. Cratz2 has one, and it features a pearloid pickguard with black knobs/tips. Absolutely nommy.

Nice one mate! :thu:

• Members

haha thanks. i agree with you on the bridge pick up.. originally planned on painting it cream but it never happened.. haha once i started putting it together i couldnt wait anymore! i have the three toggle switches on a p-bass i did, just on/off and also on my knockoff ibanez GEM. i love it.

p.s. lovin the muse avatar.:thu:

• Members

Nice save- we'll assume he'll treat it a little better at this point.

if he doesnt ill kick his ass!:mad::mad:

... and keep the guitar.haha:thu:

either that or give him a couple years to trash it and ill use it as my guinea pig again for whatever ideas are floating around my head at the time... haha:facepalm:

• Members

i have another squier strat that is mine and i still havent decided what to do with it. ive gone from doing something like this to it, or completely black it out, or even fill in all the body cavities and make it a rear routed strat with a tune-o-matic bridge or a bigsby or something...

Archived