Is there such an animal as a drum machine pedal?

doc oc

• Members

Most desk top style drum machines like Alesis, Zoom etc can do start/stop and fills using very cheap non-latching footswitches.
Might be worth downloading a few user manuals from their websites to find out what they can do.

• Members

Do you know of any model names?

There's about half a dozen of them with different features and sound genres. There's a few floor units, and a couple that are like amp heads that plug in on top your amp that operate with floor pedals. The most popular one is called the "Rhythm king" There's a Rhythm Jester model on ebay, but it either doesn't have a foot switch feature or someone lost it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Maestro-Gibson-W-3-Woodwind-Rhythm-Unit-Needs-Repair_W0QQitemZ380192972735QQcmdZViewItemQQptZKeyboards_MIDI?hash=item5885445fbf

There's an example of one of the floor models not what you want being that its woodwind themed, broken, and atrociously over priced . .. working models usually sell for like under 200 bucks.

• Members

Most desk top style drum machines like Alesis, Zoom etc can do start/stop and fills using very cheap non-latching footswitches.

Might be worth downloading a few user manuals from their websites to find out what they can do.

I got Boss DR770. Takes a FS-5U foot switch. Can you give me a sketch of how the foot switch works? Only good for toggling on and off one pattern?

• Members

I got Boss DR770. Takes a FS-5U foot switch. Can you give me a sketch of how the foot switch works? Only good for toggling on and off one pattern?

I use a cheap hossa momentary (non latching) to control mine. I usually just use it to start and stop loops but I think you can hook up a couple of footswitches and configure the machine to do different things with them. IIRC you can set them to start and stop, scroll through your list of saved songs, or tap tempo. The manuals pretty thick but it's in there some where.

Archived