Frampton

Spudro

• Members

If you haven't done it yet, do yourself a favor, seriously, and find a way to see "Peter Frampton Live In Detroit", filmed in 2000.

By pure dumb luck I found the DVD a few years back used and on sale for $5.99. I thought "WTF, why not? Pretty Boy or not and Talk Box gimmick and all, the guy is a good guitarist." So I bought it. I was absolutely shocked at how good the show was! The man is an absolute master!

The reason I mention it is on DirecTV, the Palladium channel has been showing the Detroit show. Palladium is probably available by other means than DirecTV, so however you can see it, if you get a chance, watch it. Don't write him off for his schmaltzy pop songs. The man is a really great guitarist and an outstanding showman.

Really, do yourself a favor.

• Members

Frampton is great. In addition to being very talented, he happened to be very good looking. From what I've read, he also happens to be a really nice person, with plenty of fascinating stories. IIRC, he had his accident after finding his girlfriend in bed with someone else.

• Members

I saw Frampton live back a few years ago. The show was fantastic, and he is an impressive guitarist. He really connected with the audience, and it seemed he was having as good a time at the show as we were. I would go see him again in a heartbeat.

• Members

Frampton is great. In addition to being very talented, he happened to be very good looking. From what I've read, he also happens to be a really nice person, with plenty of fascinating stories. IIRC, he had his accident after finding his girlfriend in bed with someone else.

He had an accident?

• Members

I saw him @ a local fair last summer and he's just as stated above. Unbelievable player, very unassuming and had a great vibe going with the crowd almost instantly. His son is a hell of a singer as well. We got to go backstage for a meet and greet and he was very engaging with everyone.

• Members

From what I recall, he was in the Bahamas when he saw his girlfriend in bed with another man. He drove away and crashed. I don't recall if he was drinking, but he almost died in that one.

It was a rough time for him. He had also done Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band :D

Archived