hard case VS. high quality gigbag

Ferdinandstrat

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My Gator LP polyfoam case has shoulder straps. I believe most of their polyfoam cases do.

Is this a strap or the backpack style dual straps? Those can be handy if, as mentioned, you want to get into the gig in one trip. I also am considering a dual bag if this gigging thing continues. But it's quickly getting old. I need a weekend break.

• Members

I'd always go for hardshells, I use 'em all the time. But I have a few high end padded gig bags because they can be convenient for when you're takin' the guitar a couple of miles away to a buddies house or to band practice.

That's a good way to do it. HSCs for storage and traveling and a nice gig bag or two around for short trips. For me a HSC is a must and the gig bag is a nice convenience now and then.

• 6 years later...
  • Members

I own two Hiscox Cases: one Acoustic Guitar Case/Dreadnght Ivory Shell -Pro II for my 1955 Gibson C&W and another Pro II for my Gibson ES-335 Nashville Custom Shop 63 Block Reissue. Hiscox makes great sturdy & very light cases. The Pro II is less money then the Lifeflite Artist & they meet my needs & then some.

Archived