What color is your new guitar?

flatheadpete

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^That guitar looks more turquoise than surf green to me, but it's sweet looking, whatever it is.

Love surf green. Looks good on Jags too!

I know that Strat doesn't look Surf Green, but I'm sure it is. I think he said to me once it was just odd lighting, so it just looked turquoise.

And, your Jag isn't Surf Green either. That looks more like Sea Foam Green to me... maybe it's just the lighting. Despite what you might be told, there is a difference between Sea Foam and Surf greens. Surf Green is light and soapy, whereas Sea Foam is a tad darker.

This car = true Surf Green:

hirohata_merc.jpeg

This bass = true Sea Foam Green:

seafoam4_01.jpg

:thu:

• Members
I know that Strat doesn't look Surf Green, but I'm sure it is. I think he said to me once it was just odd lighting, so it just looked turquoise.

And, your Jag isn't Surf Green either. That looks more like Sea Foam Green to me... maybe it's just the lighting. Despite what you might be told, there is a difference between Sea Foam and Surf greens. Surf Green is light and soapy, whereas Sea Foam is a tad darker.

This car = true Surf Green:

:thu:

Yeah, lighting is obviously going to make a diff. I assure you, my Jag is Surf Green. Fender hasn't reissued anything in Seafoam Green in quite awhile.

• Members
silver........

jtsteeldeville1.jpg

Nice!! The only Trussarts I've seen in the flesh are the rusty ones, which weren't quite my aesthetic. Really like this, though. I actually would love to see a Gretsch-style Trussart. How do you find that aluminium neck? I've never played one.... I must give it a try if ever I see a lefty (however unlikely it is I'd ever be able to afford one anyhow.... :lol: ).

• Members

In all honesty, I bought that strat thinking it was Daphne blue and the pic was really pitiful. I didn't really care as I like Sonic, Daphne, Surf and Sea Foam.

I was unsure as to the color, even when it was right in front of me, but I took it to another forum member's house and it looks exactly like his for sure Surf Green guitar. Next time I'm there, I'll take a pic of his surf green, daphne blue and sea foam green bodies in the same pic.

This first pic was in a room with lots of natural light plus a bounced flash. Not color-corrected at all, but in person, his surf green and my surf green are identical. Mine is in a room with basically zero minimal light with a bounced flash and the last one is mine outdoors with unlimited natural light and no flash.

His:
DSC_3930a1.jpg

With with a Daphne Highway One body and a Fiesta Red partscaster:
DSC_3928a1.jpg

Mine with flash:
DSC_4262a1.jpg

Mine with no flash before I changed the horrible, horrible pickguard: :lol:
P1070620a1.jpg

• Members

To get back to non-Surf or Sea Foam discussion, my next project will be an attempt at a Coral relic. Reranch coral then their amber-tinted clear.

Of course, no one's 100% sure if this is Tahitian Coral or Fiesta Red that has ambered with age.

:lol:

Either way, if it turns out half as good as this, I'll be tickled pink.... I mean, coral. :facepalm:

61CoralPink.jpg

• Members

My next one is probably going to be a strat-type guitar (Fender or G&L), in either inca silver or chrome silver with maple neck and black PG/PUP/knobs, or a Lake Placid Blue with rosewood neck, black PG/white pups and knobs. :idea:

I just don't know which one, yet... :idk:

Archived