Fender Telecaster Neck Replacement Question(s)

ColoradoFenderB

• Members

Congrats on the new neck.

I decided to go with the same neck on my tele project a couple years ago, and could not be happier.

P1000058.jpg

ENJOY!

Very nice, Shaun. Waiting on the tuners to be delivered.

Would you post close up pictures of the front and back of your headstock? I wanted to compare it to mine. Thanks!

• Members

I got the vintage Fender-style tuners today from Guitar Fetish. They seem to be pretty nice, but I never owned a guitar with vintage tuners, so I don't have much to compare them to. The ratio seems a tad small though - a small adjustment on the tuning peg changes pitch dramatically.

So, after playing it, my first impression is: the neck is BIG. Like Gibson LP thick! I love my LP, but a tele this thick is going to take a few days for my brain to comprehend! I set it up with 9s, but my hands don't want to accept 9s on a neck this big (I set up my LP with 10s). The neck is beautiful to play, so smooth and comfortable. And, get this - at last I have a neck with a nut that was cut correctly! I guess they can actually do it, when they want to!

Oh, and I think I will probably replace the string tree for the 1st and 2nd string and add another for the 3rd and 4th string.

Anyway, here are the pictures of it completed (sorry, the room is a little dark):

100_1493.jpg

100_1494.jpg

100_1495.jpg

100_1497.jpg

Archived