Passive vs. Active

zantor9

• Members

Yeeeea...so i have been looking up active pickups for my new dean vendetta...but the price is a little high and i only want a bridge pickup...:confused: i instead checked out seymour duncan invaders. High output great clean and so forth...but its passive.

I have never tried out and sort of active pickup before and i play mostly heavy music but i do enjoy clean tones that diff pickups deliver. I dont really know if SD Blackouts will still be worth the high price of getting both neck and bridge (because my dean has dean stock passive pickups), or if i should just go ahead and get the invader for less than half the price....

I know its a lot of :blah: but any suggestions?

• Members

Personally I am really pleased with my EMGs, and you can mix them with passives http://www.emginc.com/pdfs/faq/EMG-FAQ-Wiring-Questions.pdf

However, if this isn't something you want to do, I recommend the Dimebucker. Amazing pickup. Or the El Diablo, which I have had a hard time finding, but just found out today that you can order one straight from Duncan's Custom Shop :thu: Also, though I've never used one, BGs Hellarail looks/sounds extremely impressive. :thu:

• Members

Personally I am really pleased with my EMGs, and you can mix them with passives
http://www.emginc.com/pdfs/faq/EMG-FAQ-Wiring-Questions.pdf

However, if this isn't something you want to do, I recommend the Dimebucker. Amazing pickup. Or the El Diablo, which I have had a hard time finding, but just found out today that you can order one straight from Duncan's Custom Shop
:thu:
Also, though I've never used one, BGs Hellarail looks/sounds extremely impressive.

hmm...sounds interesting. Ive never heard a Dimebucker but im guessing its wat i would want because i love pinched harmonics and chugging rhythms which dimebag excelled at.

How much does an El Diablo cost direct from Seymour Duncan? im guessing its passive though. Thanx for the advice :thu:

• Members

hmm...sounds interesting. Ive never heard a Dimebucker but im guessing its wat i would want because i love pinched harmonics and chugging rhythms which dimebag excelled at.

How much does an El Diablo cost direct from Seymour Duncan? im guessing its passive though. Thanx for the advice

Not sure yet, just got the email that it was even possible to order through them :lol: It is passive.

Diablo: [YOUTUBE]mzS_d1KhXTQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]8r1e0eCiVYI[/YOUTUBE]

EMG 81 vs Dimebucker [YOUTUBE]MingLGASQcc[/YOUTUBE]

BG Hellarail: [YOUTUBE]yE9mK2GWCy8[/YOUTUBE]

Archived