Should I Buy a Fender American Standard Strat if I have a Custom Shop Strat?

yell03

• Members

Here is my situation, not a bad one to have:

I just sold my amazing Gibson ES339 to a Forum Member, I just wasn't bonding with a semi-hollow body, and used the proceeds to buy a brand new Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster Custom Classic V neck, Ash body with a maple neck.

I actually had to kick in an extra $200, no big deal.

I am not really a Fender guy, I currently have 3 Gibson Les Pauls, 2 Gibson SGs and the new Strat.

I also just sold my 2006 Fender American Series Strat, great guitar, but I wanted a Custom Shop.

By selling both the Am Ser Strat and ES339 I was able to pay for the Custom shop Strat and still have enough left over for another Brand New guitar.

So, I am probably going to buy a Fender American Standard telecaster, I have exactly enough in paypal to buy it.

A goal of mine had been to own one of each of 4 different style guitars:

Les Paul

SG

Strat

Tele

Here is where the situation comes in.

I can get a Brand New Fender American Standard Strat for $780 shipped to my door, I have a 20% off coupon and a $20 voucher.

At that price I am so tempted to buy another Strat, but....

Being I am not a hardcore Fender guy, will I really play the American Standard Strat if there is a similar Custom Shop Strat (the Custom Classic is basically a dressed up and hotter sounding American Strat) right next to it?

For $780 I could buy it and return it in 45 days if I don't like it, but I have this bad habit of biuying good deals whether I need them or not.

I was actually planning on selling my SG Custom to a Forum Member (MRAAJR), but I keep screwing with the poor guys head trying to decide if I will sell it.

With the money from the SG Custom I could actually buy both the Strat and Tele and have $700 left over, but I just can't see selling a Custom Shop Historic Gibson for two Production Strats.:confused:

My wife, the voice of reason and also the designer of my guitar loft:lol:

said:

You have 7 Wall hangers.

5 right next to each other, 1 on the angled corner next to the other 5, and then 1 on the opposite wall.

We tried putting the New Strat in the middle of 4 Gibson, but it hangs differently and raised up due to the different headstock, which does not look great.

She said, keep your 5 Gibsons, they look great there.

Put the Custom Shop on the angled corner ( shown in pic) and then order the Tele in Black and and put it on the opposite wall.

She also pointed out, there is room for another guitar on the opposite wall if I ever want a Black Strat right next to the Black Tele:thu:

Of course I couldn't tell her one day I might want another ES339.:p

I'll post pics in a seperate post.

• Members

Pics:

5 Gibsons and Strat on Corner

FenderCustomShopStrat013.jpg

View of loft:

100_1461.jpg

My Old 2006 Strat on opposire wall, great guitar, will be missed

100_1863-1.jpg

Pics of old strat in the middle of Gibsons, the black in the middle doesn't look bad, but the bright blue strat sticks out like a sore thumb there (according to my wife):blah:

100_1864-1.jpg

100_1866.jpg

100_1865-1.jpg

• Members

you need a tele

I have the price locked in on the Black American Standard Tele until 2/19th:thu:

I might even pull the trigger on it Sunday.

I don't want to do it today or Friday and have it sitting in a warehouse all weekend if I don't have to.

It also gives me some time to try to find a Custom Classic Telecaster for a good price.

I found one for $1899, but that is too much.

It is brand new, but not from a Fender Dealer, so no warranty or anything.

For $1500 I would buy it.:thu:

• Members

Nice loft! :thu: I like the couch too!

Standard Teles can vary a lot. Try to find one that is light weight and has a 9 1/2" radiused neck with Dunlop 6105 frets.

Check with Dave's Guitar Shop. He has a lot of fine Fenders, also Wildwood.

I had an ES-339F along with a number of CS-356's and 336's. I finally realized that if I ever got another semi-solid, it would be an ES-3X5. The smaller bodies were comfortable, but the regular 3X5's have the tone.

You need one of these in your collection.

http://www.xoxaudiotools.com/

• Members

Here is my situation, not a bad one to have:

I just sold my amazing Gibson ES339 to a Forum Member, I just wasn't bonding with a semi-hollow body, and used the proceeds to buy a brand new Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster Custom Classic V neck, Ash body with a maple neck.

I actually had to kick in an extra $200, no big deal.

I am not really a Fender guy, I currently have 3 Gibson Les Pauls, 2 Gibson SGs and the new Strat.

I also just sold my 2006 Fender American Series Strat, great guitar, but I wanted a Custom Shop.

By selling both the Am Ser Strat and ES339 I was able to pay for the Custom shop Strat and still have enough left over for another Brand New guitar.

So, I am probably going to buy a Fender American Standard telecaster, I have exactly enough in paypal to buy it.

A goal of mine had been to own one of each of 4 different style guitars:

Les Paul

SG

Strat

Tele

Here is where the situation comes in.

I can get a Brand New Fender American Standard Strat for $780 shipped to my door, I have a 20% off coupon and a $20 voucher.

At that price I am so tempted to buy another Strat, but....

Being I am not a hardcore Fender guy, will I really play the American Standard Strat if there is a similar Custom Shop Strat (the Custom Classic is basically a dressed up and hotter sounding American Strat) right next to it?

For $780 I could buy it and return it in 45 days if I don't like it, but I have this bad habit of biuying good deals whether I need them or not.

I was actually planning on selling my SG Custom to a Forum Member (MRAAJR), but I keep screwing with the poor guys head trying to decide if I will sell it.

With the money from the SG Custom I could actually buy both the Strat and Tele and have $700 left over, but I just can't see selling a Custom Shop Historic Gibson for two Production Strats.
:confused:

My wife, the voice of reason and also the designer of my guitar loft:lol:

said:

You have 7 Wall hangers.

5 right next to each other, 1 on the angled corner next to the other 5, and then 1 on the opposite wall.

We tried putting the New Strat in the middle of 4 Gibson, but it hangs differently and raised up due to the different headstock, which does not look great.

Put the Custom Shop on the angled corner ( shown in pic) and then order the Tele in Black and and put it on the opposite wall.

She also pointed out, there is room for another guitar on the opposite wall if I ever want a Black Strat right next to the Black Tele:thu:

Of course I couldn't tell her one day I might want another ES339.
:p

I'll post pics in a seperate post.

Dont forget #5 A "Soloist" ie a Ibanez RG or something similar!!!

• Members

You have 7 Wall hangers.

Why does it matter how they look hanging together? Sorry dude... but that's one of the most laughable things I've ever read.

• Members

Why does it matter how they look hanging together? Sorry dude... but that's one of the most laughable things I've ever read.

You aren't married are you?

Seriously, it is not that big of a deal, but she made the comment.

She wouldn't care, she lets me have whatever I want.

• Members

I will take great advice from any guy who hooked me up with a great price on a Marshall JVM:thu:

You aren't married are you?

Seriously, it is not that big of a deal, but she made the comment.

She wouldn't care, she lets me have whatever I want.

Word! I dont see it in your sig anymore? did you sell her? I still have the XXX I sold it for.

Archived