One-channel amps

CoqBelliqueux

• Members

I'm absolutely in love with my 5E3 Deluxe Tweed clone.

The Vox is the AC15H1TV. It's not technically a 1 channel amp, but it's more like two amps in one chassis than a 2 channel amp. There's a Top Boost side and an EF86 side. VERY cool amp.

DSC_4149a1.jpg

• Members

Lately, I have not been able to get enough of this little sucker....straight in or with pedals out front, these are kick ass....Fender silver face Champ (mine's like a 74 or something):

DSCN9009c.jpg

+1 for this one. I traded for one last month and really like it (it is a '74 also). You can dime the volume and not make your ears bleed. You can turn it up and get those tubes saturated without skinning the cat when it walks by. Very nice for real small venues or even practicing around the house. Takes pedals real well too.

Believe it or not, these things are pretty cheap too. Under $300 for a real nice one.I scored mine for far less than that on CL, spent $60 on a cap/power cord job and rockin it out! :rawk:

• Members

I agree with lowbrow on this. I still own the Champion 600 and the Gibson GA5. They don't get much play.

The next time I see a silver face Champ for a reasonable price I'm grabbing it.

By the way I keep hearing that they go for around $300. Not in my neck of the woods. The local Guitar Center has a few of them priced at twice that.

Lately, I have not been able to get enough of this little sucker....straight in or with pedals out front, these are kick ass....Fender silver face Champ (mine's like a 74 or something):

DSCN9009c.jpg

• Members

I love one channel amps. Let the amp have a voice and do it well. The only channel switcher that I have liked is the Fuchs ODS series and they are priced accordingly. With some nice pedals into a simple amp you can get an amazing range of tones.

I like:

Blackface/tweed fender reissues

headstrong lil king (prob selling my drri and getting one)

top hat club deluxe

never been a big Marshall guy, like vox but don't have a ton of experience with them. Always been a fender guy

• Members
The Orange Tiny Terror doesn't get much talk anymore. I love mine. The only amp that will replace it will be a bigger Orange.

I leave the gain at 1 o'clock for a nice classic overdrive and just run an EQ for boost and an LPB1 for a cut to clean it up.

Cannot be loud and clean, right?

Archived